Thread: *sigh*

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default *sigh*

I went to see a new neuro doctor today.

He started to ask me 'why are you here today?' and I said, my rheumy had referred me!

He then went on to say that he doubted that there was anything neurological wrong with me (fair enough).

Then, he asked me 'why don't you work? what's stopping you?'

He then told me to exercise more. I told him that strenuous exercise caused me pain as I have rheumatoid arthritis, and I had tracheal stenosis so I can't breathe properly. On top of this, my immune system is so suppressed I have to start immunoglobulin infusions next week - and having WG.

I am so annoyed with doctors like him! *rant*!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sighs too..."annoy" is the wrong word...I hate docs like that...who does he think he is and what does he do to help people who need it? OMG...hang tough g, YOUR attitude is what counts, not his opinion or questions. I'm sure he was trying to goad you in some kind of analytical way, but why...understanding (not enabling of course) is what we need...you're OK, battle on, you'll be fine...sighs...
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His questions should be, why did the rheumy refer you to him? There must have been a good reason, and if he doesn't know what it is, he should get with the rheumy and find out, instead of browbeating YOU about it! He may "doubt" there is anything neurologically wrong with you, but could he not do a few tests or use his brain a little to understand what the rheumy was getting at? What a jerk! I think some doctors are really afraid to admit that there's something they know little or nothing about, such as WG. That's a threat to them, so they respond by belittling you and refusing to try to help. Doctors like that should be reported, though to whom, I'm not sure. You should at least tell your rheumy what your experience was.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sucks Gwen. I too hate going to a new doctor the first time. I've been pretty lucky, but I've had a few treats. I'd go back to your rheumy and ask why this guy acted like he didn't know what you were there.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Seems to me like he had no clue and was doing the bare minimum to get his fee.
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry you had to go through that Gwen,

..........it's not like you need other stresses in your life

I too have come across some "Mr. Insensitive's" - just remember, you are way better than him......because, for one, you have compassion

Good luck with the infusions next week........fingers crossed that they will do the trick.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm--lets see, what's a good name for the doc. Oh why waste time on him--just call him a creep!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JeanMarie View Post
    Hmmm--lets see, what's a good name for the doc. Oh why waste time on him--just call him a creep!!
    Sometimes I wonder why and how these people get into medicine. Don't they realize they could kill somebody. I think the medical schools and the Vasculitis Foundation need to bombard all the specialty doctors with what vasculitis is and what they need to be asking and doing. Think "out of the box" alttle.
    One Day At A Time

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm with u Gwen...I hate all these drs. that don't have a clue what wg. is so there is nothing wrong with you or they make up something else. I would tell the dr. that referred you to him how he was,ask why he thought you needed to see him or if he thinks there is a problem find you another dr. Good luck with your infusions next week and I hope you start feeling better soon.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !