Thread: Severe pain in toes?.. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Severe pain in toes?.. lol

Sorry, I feel so silly asking this!

However my toes REALLY HURT. Like real bad.

Like I think I want to cut 'em off bad!

I told my doctor and he kinda scratched his head... It's not a joint pain.. It's like a throb; very painful. However there is nothing physically wrong with the toes. They just hurt really really bad. I'm trying to think of how to describe the pain; like.. It does not hurt anymore to walk on them as it does to stand still. Pressure doesn't hurt them any more either - they just hurt. It comes and goes; almost like a wave. When it does hurt it hurts sooo bad - then in a few seconds to a few minutes it's completely gone. It's like the weirdest pain; it's more of an ache I guess, than a jab... But it's a weird pain.

My doctor is suspecting some kind of nerve damage maybe...???

Anyone else have pain like this? Maybe somewhere else?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get occasional jabbing pain in the tip of my left big toe. No rhyme nor reason regarding appearance of the symptom, and it goes away in a few seconds, so I don't treat it in any way. When I've been on my feet a lot, my feet will ache. I usually take Tylenol, and the pain goes away
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neuropathy causes many strange sensations as the nerves get damaged and these will often vary a lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, I can't help put a cause to this.

I get that sometimes radiating from my ankles down to my toes, at the top of the foot and also underneath.
    I put it down to my RA.

Putting/raising the feet up and resting them seems to help a bit.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi carrie,
    two months after the onset of WG I had such pains. I went to Orthopaedist and did X-ray without results. he ordered me some "foothold" and it helps a little bit. the pains disapeared after a month.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My recent experience - whilst I did not have pain in the toes I had been pain free for nearly 3 years. The pains, wrist, ankles, knees at various times - felt different from before so Rheumy thought it was something like nerves etc. However they started to become more frequent and eventually the blood test showed raised markers - a flare. High dose pred has stopped the pain immediately and i am having another round of RTX starting next week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm.. My markers have been raised recently as well. Now that I think about it; before (months before) I was diagnosed I began having pain in my feet I thought was just from having a job where I am standing all day.

Something to think about, thanks everyone for the responses.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had something like that in my fingers on my right had years ago but it was not as severe as yours. No idea what caused it.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the effects the disease has had on my daughter is a severe pain in one of her feet, diagnosed as neurapathy (sp?) - she described it as feeling like stepping on a dull nail that is going in the foot. The pain was so severe she could not walk on that foot for awhile. The docs prescribed gabapenten (sp?) and also a regimen of physical therapy including massaging that area. It all seems to be working, although just today she was explaining to someone that for her, standing on her feet for 15 minutes feels like 5 hours would to someone else. I hope this helps you figure out what is going on with you and that your pain quiets down soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sound like neuropathy to me too. A pain management doc. may be able to help you out. I have had hand and foot pain with this bout, but mine is a cramp. They only last several seconds, but very painful. They don't know what causes that either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast