Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: couple of questions

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default couple of questions

As I am new here, I apologize for all of the questions up front. Last night I experienced severe itching on my legs arms and chest. There isn't a rash so to speak but I have little red, blood blister type dots all over the same areas of itching. Also, I am having a pressure and burning feeling in my eyes. They kind of feel like when you have a fever. Is this from WG?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ndngi View Post
    Is this from WG?
    First of all, no need ever to apologize! And, yes, you are experiencing a flare. What you're experiencing is pretty typical. You need to have your blood/numbers checked immediately so doc can determine a drug dosage/change. Get thee to your doc!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Don. I am still waiting to get a referral from my family dr. I feel like I keep bothering him with new stuff. He is almost making me feel as though l am putting him out and he is starting to look at me as though I'm making this stuff up. When he walks in he immediately says, "what else is going wrong with you"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then I would suggest you get an appt with a rheumatologist nearest you...bypass Mr I Can't Be Bothered...if your insurance allows. At least get another opinion from another PCP. Your symptoms are very WGs (the 'rash' is purpura, and the eyes may be ocuitis), and as such they warrant immediate attention. Some docs have huge egos and since they know little or nothing about WG (the one I initially went to thought I had lung issues, gave me a Z pak, sent me home...I ended up in the hospital a week later nearly dead. He later said he had read about WG in med school...duh. Fortunately he wasn't my regular PCP or I would have...well...), they tend to think what a patient knows or feels is worthless info and they are the ones who can only make appropriate dxes. Please don't wait...not being alarmist here...just have seen & heard it over and over on here.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ndngi View Post
    Thank you Don. I am still waiting to get a referral from my family dr. I feel like I keep bothering him with new stuff. He is almost making me feel as though l am putting him out and he is starting to look at me as though I'm making this stuff up. When he walks in he immediately says, "what else is going wrong with you"
    Shame on him!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate it when the doctors or people around you think that you are a hypochondriac, it is hard because one day you may have one set of symptoms on another day they are completely different form the day before. If your Dr. doesn't know about WG then you should try and find one that does.. You can lose vision so fast it is important to get it checked.
    My blog: Animo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,
    I agree with Don. go and see a good doc asap.
    welcome to forum. you can ask as much as you need.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks again everyone. I am not having very good luck finding a doc that is taking new patients or has an opening before August....ugh, I'm getting frustrated!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another option is to make that earliest available appt, then keep calling as people will cancel thus opening a spot. That's how I got into Mayo so quickly: wife or I called every day...was bumped up from 3 month wait to 2 weeks in a short time...keep at it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don...thank you so much for the advice. I will keep on keeping on until I get in!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast