Likes Likes:  0
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: eyes involvement ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The important thing is to get the drops into the eyes. And to do it as often as prescribed. Pulling down a bit on bottom lid helps drop get liquid under the lid quicker but just blinking and few times will also spread it around if it is dropped on the main eyeball. That is method I use and I have been doing eye drops for three decades now and my glaucoma readings seem to stay stable so my eyes must be absorbing the drops some how.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an eye appointment in a couple of weeks and thankfully the conjunctivitis has gone.

My eyes still get itchy at times, in the inside corner of both eyes. I also use Refresh eye drops when I need too.

I always thought that my eyes were producing too many tears as a result of my blocked sinuses, but reading through here, it is probably as a result of dry eyes.

My daughter said the other day that it, appears to her, as if I am allergic to the air outside. This is when my eyes are itchy and watery.
    I do get very bad hayfever, so I guess it is all part and parcel of that as well.

I will try and get an earlier appointment, but don't like my chances, otherwise it will be the 21st March
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you so much drz, for your caring and for sharing your wisdom. It means a lot ♡♡

Michelle, make sure that the refresh drops came in ampules of 24 hours use only. Not in a bottle. My new dr. Explained that the bottle contains perservatives which are bad for us. Indeed when I used the bottle for dry eyes that I got from the previous eye doc, it was itchy like hell. Pete was right. No itchiness since I stopped it.
    Maybe your tearful eyes are manifestation of dry eyes. The first eye doc did a dryness test on me: putting some colorful drops in the eyes then sitting 5 minutes with little papers or something inside the eye (torture, sorry) and then he said: zero tears. Ask for this test (take deep breath).
    As for hayfever, isnt our good old pred the answer ?
    Agony scale today 7-8 without pain killers so I guess its getting better although the eyes still look aweful.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Alysia, I do get the individual ampules. They are so much easier, in my opinion.

I hope your pain levels start dropping quicker.

I'm not sure about pred for hayfever. I used to take tablets called Avil, which are also good for vertigo, but unfortunately, due to drug interactions, and the potential for them causing liver issues, I cannot take these anymore.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia, I don't know if pred can/should be used to treat hay fever. Can you tolerate loratidiene (Claritin)? That has helped me.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Alysia, I don't know if pred can/should be used to treat hay fever. Can you tolerate loratidiene (Claritin)? That has helped me.
    Thanks Pete. You are always kind and caring. I can use loratadin but it is Michelle with the hay fever so we need to ask her ♡♡♡
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    My mistake. I misunderstood the post...
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think pred could help hay fever, as it helps asthma. But I'd think other things should be tried first. I take cetirizine, generic for Zyrtec, when I have those issues. I tried loratadine and didn't think it did much, but it was probably when I really had Wegs and didn't know it, so should probably give it another chance. I've also tried the generic for Allegra, which is a little more expensive, and felt it did some good. Don't know anything about the interactions or dangers of these OTC drugs, though. Lately, my worst allergy thing is grass season, coming up in May, and I seem to need asthma inhalers for that more than stuff for the nose or eyes.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not sure the eyes are getting better enough. I did 8 days of the Lotemax drops 3 times a day, and since yesterday I do it 2 times a day. Also countless times a day the Refresh drops. Eyes are not burning any more. Thanks God. But they are still swollen and aching, sometimes all around, up to the forehead. Also still red. Less then before but still. Also still having some white productions.
    I have other symptoms of flare: joints stiffed, diarhea (thats the sign from my colon, and even when I eat mostly toastes & potatos & rice), itchy skin, crazy fatigue (can sleep more then 10 hours at night plus napping in the middle of the day, crushing actually), general feeling of being sick, aching nose (no blood, I wonder if I have any nose left inside there to have it bloody ??).
    I wonder if I should still be patient and let the 2 times a day drops to do what they should, and the rtx from January to work fully ? Or maybe I am wasting my time and should go and get another rtx ? Also not sure that the 1000mg rtx that I got, are enough to fight this ? It is my maintenance dose. Not the treatment dose which is 2000mg.
    How long does it take for the eyes to recover ?
    My wg dr. Said it takes for rtx to work 3 months. So do I need to wait untill April ? And even if I will get another one now, it will take time for it to work as well.. not sure what to do. I am dying to take some big dose of pred (my good old friend) but it might mask the symptoms and I will not know if rtx is really working.
    Sorry for whining. I dont do it anywhere else. Thank you for being here. I love you ♡
    Last edited by Alysia; 03-10-2016 at 09:19 PM.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia, with your symptoms, it seems you're definitely flaring. See your wegs doc ASAP!!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast