Thread: Mom of newly diagnosed adolescent - hi, all

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whatthewhat View Post
    I'm also curious about nutrition.
    My PCP is an integrated physician, which means that in addition to prescribing medicine, she also prescribes supplements and recommends nutritional remedies. She has been advising me for years to eliminate wheat, soy and corn. I resisted because I really love bread. I finally gave in and tried it. Not sure if it has helped yet, but I have found it much easier to do than I expected. Rice pasta is very good. I bought an inexpensive bread machine and have been experimenting. Tomorrow I will send you a link to my gluten free webpages and will share the best GF bread recipe I have found. I also enjoy rice cakes with peanut butter and honey. I have found it switch much easier than I expected. Talk to you again soon. My best to you and your daughter!
    Last edited by BookNut; 04-22-2013 at 06:33 AM.
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jacquie, ditto on the rice cakes with peanut butter and honey! I have not been too good at all about quitting bread, though. Or eating more veggies, or any of that stuff! I need someone to cook for me.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Wtw:

Hi and welcome to the forum.
    I am really sorry for what has happened to your daughter but glad that she is under good care of doctors and a kind family.
    People in this forum are very kind and they have the knowledge and experience to help.
    I do not know much, but have mentioned a few things that I know in the thread " Healthy lifestyle for Wegeners patients to prevent relapses". Also many of our friends here, have commented about it and I learned a lot from them. So, it could be a useful discussion to read. I believe that you should pay attention to her diet, physical exercises, mental state and as a whole her lifestyle.

I hope that your daughter gets well soon.

Wish you the best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whatthewhat View Post
    I'm also curious about nutrition. Does groupthink believe diet can help or hinder? What threads here address this?
    As promised - here is where to find a great gluten-free bread recipe. Gluten-Free Recipes - Wandering Booknut

Just scroll down. Be sure to click on Jacquie's Favorite Gluten Free Bread Recipe - Jules GF. There are also quite a number of other links on my website that might help if you decide to go GF.

Hope all is going well with your daughter!
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome, my husband has Wegs myself Lupus my mother Sjogrens this site is invaluable, brilliant support and information , wish it had of been around 25 years ago when I was a naive 17 year old dx with a autoimmune disease. Good docs are soo important ive finally found them here in australia dennis and I are now seeing same Rhem at a public hospital, we support each other and when im distressed i get on this forum learn heaps and feel heaps better, take care crissie and dennis

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

15 hum? so much to already face growing and this too. Well hopefully, as it sounds, ting will settle down for higher school levels. so glad you found us! I know most of the younger people tend to be on facebook but i do try to encourage people to join the under 40 group so others can find them.
    Experience is the only way to survive. <3 Rini Orange

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12