User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0

Poll: answer here

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: poll: diseases

Savva Guest

Default poll: diseases

Have your parents, brothers, sisters been (or are) sick with blood diseases? Other type of immune and cancer related diseases also count.
    Also mind your grandparents if you can remember, please.
    Last edited by Savva; 04-15-2013 at 12:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you want to know?
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Savva Guest

Just curious...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not interested without reason...
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Savva Guest

The reason is: I believe we with WG were not just so ''lucky" to get infected with some bacteria but also are prone to WG due to our genes and diseases history of our ancestors.
    I was told once that one of my grandmothers had some issues with her blood-nothing serious, she lived a long and happy life.
    I have not think of it much until my father got suddenly sick with leukemia recently.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Savva View Post

The reason is: I believe we with WG were not just so ''lucky" to get infected with some bacteria but also are prone to WG due to our genes and diseases history of our ancestors.
    I was told once that one of my grandmothers had some issues with her blood-nothing serious, she lived a long and happy life.
    I have not think of it much until my father got suddenly sick with leukemia recently.
    I don't really think of WG as a blood disease. It is an inflammation of the blood vessels but not of the blood itself. There has been discussion of possible genetic predispositions to WG or other AI diseases on here... perhaps some searching of the archives would be helpful. We've been told by medical info that WG is not hereditary, but we are not sure there might not be some genetic connections. I'm not sure that having a relative with leukemia would have any connection to having WG, though, since they are two different types of diseases. Don, or anyone else?
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Savva...my reaction was because we had an analyst for big insurance companies come on here not long ago who wanted our personal information to help 'them'...my problem, not yours! So sorry about your father...but leukemia is a cancer of the blood, but not an inherited one. Now there may be related propensities due to genetic traits, but no such link has been established directly to vasculitis. I, too, have thought similar things in that my father was in Nagasaki 2 weeks after the bomb dropped at 'ground zero' as a Marine medic...that exposure eventually killed him in the form of lesions and brain cancer at an early age. Therefore, I have considered the possibilities of genetic damages passed on to me...but it's theory...nothing more...perhaps simply the human desire to just understand that which I cannot at this time...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Savva View Post

...I believe we with WG...also are prone to WG due to our genes and diseases history of our ancestors.
    If you search for 'hereditary' on here, you will find a lot of results on this subject, because many have asked this question before.

You'll find for example this:
    http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.c...itary-not.html
    Living with WG/GPA since june 2010...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My brother had leukemia as a preteen - 20 yrs. Ago

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a great uncle die of something that sounds similar to wegener's, but at the time there was no treatment like today. Now the question is; hereditary or coincidence? They did not even diagnose it at the time. May not have even been wegeners - who knows.

That was my great Uncle, my grandmother's brother. He died in his mid 30s, about 20 years ago. When I started showing the same symptoms my grandmother lost her you-know-what and thought I was toast. Anyway, here we are. My grandmother had 14 brothers and sisters. No one else on her side has anything like that. It makes you wonder in a way; but my doctor says they are not hereditary; and he said he is pretty confident in that. He said he believes there is a cause - but that cause has not been found. He said that in studies they find clusters of it in certain areas. However he also speculates that maybe these clusters simply represent areas in which doctors are experienced with it and more get diagnosed. He believes a lot of people go undiagnosed.

So... What have I just told you? Nothing... It's all hearsay. No one knows what causes WG, and they don't think it's hereditary. Just thought I would share.. lol

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast