Poll: answer here

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: poll: diseases

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For now, I accept the notions that Wegs and other AI diseases are triggered by something, either in the environment or something biological like an infection, and that there is more than one thing, or type of thing, that could serve as the trigger. I think it's plausible that some people are more susceptible to this triggering reaction than others, whether for hereditary or other reasons. When the disease occurs in "clusters" in certain geographical areas, I tend to believe there is something in that area that is triggering it, and not just that the docs there are inexperienced. After all, most docs everywhere are inexperienced with Wegs. But then what do I know? Nothing, really.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Savva Guest

thanks to everyone who participated and told their stories. They say it is not hereditary but the results show otherwise. Closed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Savva View Post
    thanks to everyone who participated and told their stories. They say it is not hereditary but the results show otherwise. Closed.
    Either you've got a sense of humor or your research skills suck...hardly valid! LOL! Please don't create false/unproven things concerning WG...it's difficult as it is...dream on friend...
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My father had Wegs, & the doctors told us then (25 years ago) that it was not inherited. Well now they say it can be but it is very rare .looking back on our family tree we found out that that mygrandfather had TB
    & died at 56,we all know that wegs can have all the symptioms of TB ,they thought my dad had TB when he was in hospital & it took the docs. forever to dx him with wegs, So now I know that this is true,
    Last edited by goosey; 04-19-2013 at 04:49 PM. Reason: not sure if i should post this when i read replys

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now I have heard of 7 cases of a parent or sibling also having Wegs. That is very interesting. I'm sorry you had to lose your dad at such a young age.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope & pray that no one in my family will get this horrible disease.Thank God they will
    know what this horrid wegs can do so if they catch it early it will help.

Sad but true, I only hope & pray it will stop with me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by goosey View Post
    ...we all know that wegs can have all the symptioms of TB...
    TB is caused by a specific bacterium
    CDC - Tuberculosis (TB)

Wegs is a disease of the immune system itself. It is not caused by one specific bacterium or virus.
    Living with WG/GPA since june 2010...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chrisTIn@ View Post
    TB is caused by a specific bacterium
    CDC - Tuberculosis (TB)

Wegs is a disease of the immune system itself. It is not caused by one specific bacterium or virus.
    So either goosey's dad had both TB and Wegs, or just one of them! It sounds like he was indeed dx'ed with Wegs, eventually. What isn't clear is whether he ever had TB or they just thought he did. In any case, they wouldn't be related, unless somehow the TB infection triggered the Wegs. Right?

In any case, goosey, I too am sorry you lost your dad at such a young age and hope no other family members go through that.
    Last edited by annekat; 04-20-2013 at 11:19 AM.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do NOT mean to be offensive, but some people need to refine their research and dreaming skills. Some are 'finding' hope instead of realities here...hope is good, false hope is not...don't do that for people who need reality of treatment and responsible behaviors. There is no 'light' to be observed if, in fact, there is no source of light at the end of any tunnel...duh. I understand the wishful thinking and observations of circumstances, but they are in no way proven nor substantiated...there ARE UFOs though...LMAO! Sorry, just a rant, I dream too, but not about WGs...it's real, and so are its effects...
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

rif Guest

Well said Don.
    Unfortunately not enough money is spent on researching WG to be able to form any sort of opinion as to whether it is hereditary or not, if only life was that simple.

Rif

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast