Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 3rd dose of Rituxan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 3rd dose of Rituxan

Hello everyone! Just finished my third dose of rituxan today! Next Thursday will be the 4th and final one of the beginning phase.I am guessing another round in 6 months.Hoping for some sign of success but so far i see no improvement other than no coughing up blood.Still coughing pink plugs most days.The joint pain is awful and the Rituxan seems to intensify the pain already there.No nausea today though. last infusion i was so sick to tummy..But its hard to say if it is the prednisone and or Rituxan. Crossing fingers.Also went from 60 mg prednisone to none on Sunday only because i got depressed and didnt take it but continued with 30 mg on Monday. Dr told me I get to drop to 20 mg for 2 weeks than 10 mg a day.The fast drop is scaring me but I am also excited to be making progress and hope to be off the depression induced drug soon.I cry every day now.I have to shave my face because the soft fine hair has grown all over my face and thick and i developed acne as well as the double chin.I am angry that I wasted away most my life drinking alcohol and not making the right choices and now that I have chosen a better life for myself I was given this disease.I only hope I am given a long life to enjoy what I wasted for so many years.I know I am a bit depressing to listen to today but I will soon bounce back to the girl with the big smile and inspirational words soon Just an emotional week and feeling a little self pity i guess.The changes to my body and mind were so sudden I didn't even have time to comprehend what was happening as most of you here already know that feeling.One day we just wake up and wonder what just happened?Big hugs to everyone and may tomorrow be full of greatness to you all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes it takes a crisis to wake ourselves up to who we really can be...you'll do fine Stephene...be patient & positive!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    Sometimes it takes a crisis to wake ourselves up to who we really can be...you'll do fine Stephene...be patient & positive!
    Agreed Don

Stephene, I think someone on here said that it takes a least 6 weeks to feel the effects of the rituxan.
    Hopefully thinks will start to come good soon.

Until they do, take care.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stephene,

I hope today is a little brighter for you! Alot of us here are having some melt downs and regrets of choices we have made in the pass. I look at it as maybe I didn't make very good choices but have some fond memories."I'm not where I should be,but thank God I'm not where I used to be". I wish all the best for you in getting your wegs in remission with your rtx txs. Feel better soon and don't beat yourself up about your past.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Stephene! I just had my second dose yesterday. I'm feeling okay but still not familiar with all the drugs now being put in my body. (60mg pred and a small handful of others). Keep looking forward, remission will come our way....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The past is over so let it go. It is all a learning process. Everybody gets depressed just don't let it take over. I think be patient and positive seems to fit just about every occasion here.
    My blog: Animo