User Tag List

Likes Likes:  48

Thread: My third anniversary of my Weg diagnosis is today.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile My third anniversary of my Weg diagnosis is today.

Last year close to my second anniversary of diagnosis I posted about my diagnostic experience and improvement. Now one year year later things are much the same. Right now I am feeling good and back in a drug induced remission again. I had two infections this winter which cause the Wegs to flare two times during the holidays from before Thanksgiving through a couple weeks after New Years but since then have felt pretty good again.

I see a lot of doctors frequently at seven different locations to monitor my health and they say I am doing better than last year. I feel very fortunate and am very happy about the degree of recovery I had from my worst times, but i am still hoping for further improvement in the next year.

Some times when I am feeling pretty good I get delusions of adequacy and try to do some task that used to be very easy for me and then end up having to spend a day in bed resting up again. I am getting much better though at rationing my "spoons" and taking naps PRN before I over do things and crash. I am now much better at accepting my new "normal" and find it mostly enjoyable despite the various limitations from the Weg damage and need to have a medical appointment or two almost every week. This usually means a day trip out of town (over 9000 miles last year) But I know that unless I am diligent in trying to maintain what health I have left, I will have little joy in Muddville.

Have a good day unless you have made other plans!
    Last edited by drz; 04-10-2013 at 12:49 AM.

2. Likes Jaha liked this post