Thread: 'Like' us on Facebook :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default 'Like' us on Facebook :)

Hi all
    Just thought I'd mention that we're on Facebook. If you have a Facebook account please 'like' our page and spread the word:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wegen...36560823048512

Don't forget to like Peter's (Pmarsh) Facebook page too!!

https://www.facebook.com/TheAutoimmuneExpedition
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went there and found I'd already "liked" it. So, that is Dr. Wegener in the avatar. I was wondering because I thought the glasses looked too "modern", more like 1970's era. But then I saw another pic on there with a more old-fashioned looking glasses frame.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yep that's our 'founder' I was thinking of changing it to a logo that would mean something to more people. Im finding it hard to fit 'Wegener's Granulomatosis' in that small area though haha
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    Yep that's our 'founder' I was thinking of changing it to a logo that would mean something to more people. Im finding it hard to fit 'Wegener's Granulomatosis' in that small area though haha
    Is there an insignia or the like for WG or AIs? You could make one with graphics...no, not volunteering! Ha!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    Is there an insignia or the like for WG or AIs? You could make one with graphics...no, not volunteering! Ha!
    Well, there's Marta's "pred rage" logo and some other graphics of hers in her "Weggie Store" that might work. Actually, I don't mind so much having Dr. Wegener on there. I'm not sure why, given his purported Nazi connection. I guess I figure it's a crappy disease so why not name it after a crappy person. He actually looks kind of mild-mannered. I guess I can see the usefulness of a sense of humor in this situation.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Well, there's Marta's "pred rage" logo and some other graphics of hers in her "Weggie Store" that might work.
    Good idea. I'll take a look. I'm actually wearing the Pred Rage tshirt as I type this
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    Hi all
    Just thought I'd mention that we're on Facebook. If you have a Facebook account please 'like' our page and spread the word:
    I saw the page and I liked it.
    I mean, I'm not 'on' Facebook (my daughter of 23 won't allow it haha), so I couldn't push the 'like-thumps-up-button', but I sure think it's a nice initiative.
    Probably spreads the Weggie-word easier than just Google does.
    I have the idea that it's busier here than a few weeks ago. Is that the effect of the new Facebook page?

Great job again Andrew!
    Thanks.
    Living with WG/GPA since june 2010...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chrisTIn@ View Post
    I saw the page and I liked it.
    I mean, I'm not 'on' Facebook (my daughter of 23 won't allow it haha), so I couldn't push the 'like-thumps-up-button', but I sure think it's a nice initiative.
    Probably spreads the Weggie-word easier than just Google does.
    I have the idea that it's busier here than a few weeks ago. Is that the effect of the new Facebook page?

Great job again Andrew!
    Thanks.
    Thanks Well I just checked the stats and there are a more people coming here from Facebook for sure. I'm not entirely sure it's busier just because of that but would definitely have an effect. I've also seen a few new sites linking to us which is great to see. The Vasculitis Foundation were linking to us as well until the page broke that had our link on it haha I'm sure they will fix it. I also added a link to us from the Wikipedia page on Wegener's Granulomatosis but haven't seen anyone come through from there yet. It's kind of hidden at the bottom of the page too.

Activity on the Facebook page went up a LOT recently which is great. The page's 'reach' which is how many people see posts directly or via friends went up over 2000% <- yes that's two thousand. It all helps!

I also added some enhancements to the signup process that take a lot of the manual work out of the process allowing people to sign up from emails that were banned before (e.g. Gmail, Hotmail etc). There's more coming in that area too which will allow complete automation of the signup process and automatic filtering and deleting of spam bot signups which takes away about 50% of manual labour running the site. THAT means I can concentrate on more important things like promoting WG/GPA, raising awareness etc etc (more on this coming soon).

Wow that got detailed real quick haha
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great job Andrew. I "liked" it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Well, there's Marta's "pred rage" logo and some other graphics of hers in her "Weggie Store" that might work. .
    WOW ! this store is great ! I was laughing so much ! it is genius !
    who created it ?

andrew, i think something from that store, if Marta allows, is much better then the ugly face of this nazi. to be honest, i dont like his picture there at all. I hope writing this is not against the rules of the forum...
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast