Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Healthy Lifestyle For Wegeners Patients to Prevent Relapses

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MarN..welcome to the forum. It sounds like you are doing all the right things..but even doing the right thing doesn't mean this desease won't come back and bite you in the a..! I too do yogo and try to eat the right kind of food but I get stressed out pretty easy. I don't know if it's from the preds or my living conditions but I take anxiety pills for it and it seems to help.I just figure this is what God has planned for me and it's really out of my hands. Hope everything works out well for you in your future endeavor and don't sweat the small stuff !!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Barbara:

Hi.
    Thank you for your advice.

Wish you everlasting health and happiness.

With love and regards,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Debra:

Hi.
    Thank you for your writing.
    It is true.We can not predict the future accurately. Although tough things may happen to us, we should have positive state of mind to have the strength to carry on.
    You have the power to take over your life. You should just have patience and work for your possible plans and God will guide you to your way of success and health.
    I know that you are on this way and you will succeed.
    Wish you the best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear friends:

Hi.

I have recently learned that we can improve our stress management and as a whole our personality by attending classes which work in the field of Experimental Psychology , like TA: Transactional Analysis or NLP:Neuro-linguistic programming.

TA:
    The Official ITAA Website

NLP:
    http://www.ia-nlp.org/

It is claimed that patients can benefit from these fields to control their conditions.

With regards,
    Last edited by MarN; 04-22-2013 at 07:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=MarN;68186)It is claimed that patients can benefit from these fields to control their conditions.,[/QUOTE]

Yes, have been the TA route and read quite a bit on neuro-linguistics...all effective WITH practice & discipline...frankly, I prefer drugs...don't need to understand that I know I feel like crap...frankly, the less time I spend 'inside' my head, the better off I am...somebody pullleeeezze turn down the noise! LOL!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Don:

Hi.

Thank you for the information.

I learned that techniques in these two fields, complete each other and can be very useful for patients.
    I have a question.
    How long does it take for an average person to master the techniques in these two fields? (TA and NLP)

With regards,
    Last edited by MarN; 04-22-2013 at 10:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't really know about NLP as I did not do it (though I've studied the art of controlling and manipulating language)...mastering is relative to the practicer of course. For TA, took it for 6 weeks, practiced for at least 6 months, never really got much of anywhere other than understanding much more about myself and how I react to things (like my mother! huh?!)...as for trying the techniques, I used them with a little Greek therapist (good story there!), and my ex and I used them, to no lasting avail (duh!), but I/we learned a lot about ourselves and how to present ourselves to others...works as well for manipulation of self as it does for the same of others...advertising uses Berne very well...hehe, personal bane there...anyway, I believe either alone or together can help a person in need of controlling their self in situations of consternation and frustration with life, even with WG...best to you MarN
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, we should attend the classes and read the textbooks, try the techniques privately and work with consultants.
    I guess, it takes time to master the techniques.As you said practice, discipline, time and patience.

Thank you dear Don and wish you the best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Yoga and Tai Chi and Qigong have a better track record for health benefits and generally you can find a class nearby for one of these. The Mayo Clinic even has a web link on their site for info on Tai Chi and yoga as they are more widely known and easier to learn. They also endorse them for various health issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Drz:

Thank you for the information.

Yoga, Tai Chi and Qigong are definitely powerful and effective methods and easier to practice and master.

Although TA and NLP are time consuming; for those who have the time,will, resources and energy to follow them; the knowledge seems to be wonderful to change them gradually.
    I have read that these techniques can give us deep awareness to control our unconsciousness, while it has negative powerful effects on the levels of making decision, self realization and relationships. So, we can distinguish our weaknesses, correct them and change our ways of looking at life and ourselves, positively and logically.

I do not know what percent of the people who follow these techniques, succeed; but I guess for those who are eager to master them, this would be a great accomplishment in their lives.
    I think that if the international educational systems teach children these techniques from the beginning, we will have a better world to live in and most of the world's problems can be solved easily!

Hope to see that day.

Wish you health and happiness.

With regards,

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast