Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Therapy with Horses

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Therapy with Horses

This is what I've been doing, that has helped me a lot. The following is from my blog:
    The ANIMO-ALBERO therapeutic riding program was designed for improving the quality of life for people suffering from illness or disease as opposed to the traditional riding therapy for mental or physical disabilities. During the past three years that we have been investigating this revolutionary new program we have discovered some interesting new things. We once thought that the benefits were short term but we now find that a lot of the benefits can be long term after a few months of practicing this therapy. We have also found that the benefits increase rapidly and last longer as you advance to the trot and the canter. Below is a list of the benefits we have confirmed and some that show great promise:

1. Feeling of well-being and mind clarity.
    2. Increased energy.
    3. Improved circulation.
    4. Removal of fluid from the lungs.
    5. Reduction in the effects of vasculitis.
    6. The ability to absorb iron for people with anaemia.
    7. Cures insomnia.
    8. Improves muscle tone and atrophied muscles.
    9. Improves arrhythmia.
    10. Helps dysfunctional kidneys lower levels of potassium, creatina, urea and triglycerides.
    11. Removes toxins and thereby the side effects from toxic medication such as steroids.
    12. Greatly improves symptoms of depression, stress and the menopause.
    13. Helps heal wounds and skin grafts.
    14. Perfect pre- and post-op preparation.
    15. Small fibre neuropathy shows great promise.
    16. Improves functioning of the digestive tract.

Every day we find new benefits to the ANIMO-ALBERO therapeutic riding program. After a series of trials and error, we have found that this program is much more efficient than a trail-ride or a lesson in the ring for treating the symptoms of terminal disease or illness. No stress is put on the heart, so even people with heart disorders that tire quickly, are able to complete an entire exercise program of half and hour to an hour.
    The horse does the work and you get the benefit. Before participating in the ANIMO-ALBERO program you should get a doctor’s permission to make sure you don’t have any contraindications. No prior riding experience is necessary. Everything is done bare-back or with a sheepskin, with the aid of a sursingle and on the lunge line. You start at the walk and as you feel more comfortable you progress to the trot and the canter. A perfect and complete therapy program would be around forty-five minutes, doing each exercise at the walk, trot and canter in both directions. Three times a week is the optimal number of therapy sessions, however even once a week has proved to provide great benefits. The program must be tailored to each patient’s needs, so the exercises and the pace vary. This program does not eradicate the disease but it greatly reduces pain, side effects and improves your quality of life.

My blog: Animo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even with a broken ankle I continued my therapy and even my ankle healed faster than expected. The benefits above have medical evidence to back them up like EKG and blood analysis. My friend with cancer and I are living proof of the benefits.
    My blog: Animo