User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who plans to attend these events?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Who plans to attend these events?

On Tuesday, April 30, 2013, the Cleveland Clinic Center for Vasculitis Care and Research will host a 1/2 day Vasculitis Educational Meeting for patients, family members and caregivers in Cleveland, Ohio. The meeting will feature lectures, Q&A sessions and networking opportunities for all attendees.

The 2013 International Vasculitis Symposium will be held July 12-14 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Whether you're newly diagnosed, in long-term remission or a family member, there's something for you at the symposium:
    * newly diagnosed patients and patients under treatment will gain a greater understanding of available treatments
    * patients in long-term remission will learn about keeping the disease in remission, managing side effects and ways to maintain a healthy
    lifestyle
    * caregivers will learn how to care for their family member and themselves
    * all participants will have many opportunities to share their experiences and learn from each other

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, I don't think I will go .......it's a bit of a drive.

I wish we had something like this over here
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    Nah, I don't think I will go .......it's a bit of a drive.

I wish we had something like this over here
    Have Phil pick you up in the new-improved Batmobile which flies in the air and goes through water!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been considering going, leaning towards the Philly one as it seems a bit larger.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've already registered myself and husband for the Cleveland Meeting. Would love to go to the national meeting sometime in the future. Bob hope you get to go to Philly. The meeting would be great plus some great siteseeing to go with it. Never been to Philly. Not to mention....Philly Steak & Cheese.
    One Day At A Time

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm also considering the one in Philly, as long as I can get this flare under control... and find money, oh the joys of being a broke college student.
    Nothing can break you; you are much stronger than you think... look at what you've already survived.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps those who attend (or event sponsors) will post key learnings and proceedings to this forum?
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am going to the Philly event. Luckily I live nearby... It would be great to meet others who are going!
    --- a.k.a. Karen

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out." -- Art Linkletter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been seriously considering Philly. I'm a bit concerned about the distance, on the otherside of the continent and after Boston US boarder guards are going to be super paranoid for a while. I hate having to stand there and explain my two hip replacements. I think it would be a very interesting and helpful session though. Will see how I feel in a month.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Randy, there are good Wegs docs in Canada. I don't know of one in BC but one would think there should be at least one there that would have some decent experience. If not there is Marta's doc in Edmonton. She is very good. And there is my doc in my town. He is the best Wegs doc in Canada. Then there is Dr. Carrette in Toronto.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast