Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Timeout

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow Doug, that's almost a full face reveal!

Even if there is a hint of Donnie Darko about the pic

What has Lisa let herself in for???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I see by the pic there Doug that you're having a flare. What extra meds are you taking?
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well clearly, he's using something for hair growth. Um, that might be misspelled....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL Sangye!

Doug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Luce View Post
    Wow Doug, that's almost a full face reveal!

Even if there is a hint of Donnie Darko about the pic

What has Lisa let herself in for???
    Why do you suppose she's coming with her husband!? Ha! Anyway, the arrival is in less than 30 minutes now. Even I am concerned.

Doug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    I see by the pic there Doug that you're having a flare. What extra meds are you taking?
    Carotene, and lots of it!

Doug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Well clearly, he's using something for hair growth. Um, that might be misspelled....
    I could use a some "hares" on top of my head!

Doug Guest

The pot of coffee was fresh and ready when Lisa Coffeelover, her husband Dennis, and their two doggie kids arrived. It was an uneventful meeting: from the standpoint of nuclear physics, there was no mushroom cloud!

Lisa and I sat down to make the video, which runs for over 20 minutes- without sound...! I managed to turn the microphone off at some point before we talked. Pity. It was a masterful discourse, with the wisdom of the younger Weggie meshing with the wisdom of the older: it was a Weggie tour de force, which in brilliance outshown the most perfect diamond in full sunlight! Gad, we were good! All the more the pity that I didn't notice the microphone was turned off.... You'll just have to take my word of the brilliance of our talk. Believe me, we were great!

Lisa is lots of fun, her husband Dennis shared the best Lena and Ole jokes I've heard in a time, and their dogs behaved like they were raised in Buckingham Palace! They drank the coffee, the dogs lapped the water, and we drove to Carhenge, one of the mysteries of the High Plains. Lisa walked to the Carhenge, Dennis and I talked in the parking lot. I invited them to stop by any time they wanted to since they do have friends in Colorado.

I plan on using part of the tape, soon as I work out the voice over technique, to tell how two Weggies, happy, apparently in the best of health, still are Weggies. I'll work on the text.

The video aside, it was great fun to meet Lisa and Dennis. I enjoyed the talk. I enjoyed the normality of the visit. I enjoyed meeting the family pets. I enjoyed the little outing to the quirky Carhenge. ("There's a place in England like this," as one English wag put it in a visitor comment.) I'll post a bit of the video so you can see Lisa and me together, proof that Weggies can, indeed, collect in smallish groups and not cause serious disrupion of the planetary order.

p.s. Both Lisa and Dennis spoke well of this forum and how it helped them work through Lisa's illness. They noted how the stories others posted helped them with knowledge and encouragement.

What a wonderful day this has been! I didn't see a leprechaun or a unicorn, but I did see another Weggie enjoying her new normal, without a trach! Only another Weggie could appreciate exactly what that means. May you all have days like this soon, and for a long time!
    Last edited by Doug; 07-15-2009 at 10:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

doug and lisa,so glad you had an enjoyable visit.at least it proves two weggies coming together does not mean global meltdown.it's like y2k all over again.now doug,be honest,are you sure that switch was "accidently"turned off,or was it so you could talk about the rest of us without being heard .seriously, glad you found it enjoyable.i'm quite envious really.
    john.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe the switch was "accidentally" turned off because their meeting really DID warp the time-space continuum, and they didn't want us to hear the panic in their voices until they could straighten out the fabric of time again. (Where is this coming from? I'm not even on pred....)

I'm glad you had a great visit, too. Next year in Jerusalem!! (Oh wait, that doesn't apply here, does it? )

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast