User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Timeout

Doug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Luce View Post
    Basically if you leave the forum without logging out or just don't click any links on the site for a while, after a certain amount of time the site logs out for you. This prevents someone else from pretending to be you. The downside of a 15 minute log out time is that you could walk away from your computer to make a cup of tea, or even spend 15 minutes composing a forum post and when you go to hit send you've been logged out.

Now you've got two hours which should be enough time for even Doug to get all his thoughts together!
    Wishful thinking! 1. I'm retired, so I operate on sun time, not the clock, 2. something else, 3. what was I talking about???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doug, I almost just laughed raisin bran into my nose....

Doug Guest

I understand there are these gizmos you can use to irrigate your sinuses. Less abrasive than raisin bran, though less nuitritious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'll be sure to have one handy when I'm reading your funny posts! The "raisin bran to nasal membrane" absorption rate being so low and all.... Not a good avenue to get one's daily fiber.

Doug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Yeah, I'll be sure to have one handy when I'm reading your funny posts! The "raisin bran to nasal membrane" absorption rate being so low and all.... Not a good avenue to get one's daily fiber.

How about calcium absorption from milk then? There must be an upside here!? (All this talk about snorting food through your nose is making me hungry! I'm leaving this site to make some high fiber, minimally inflammatory breakfast. Mmmmm. And yes, Lisa, I will have a large mug of coffee made from straight Kona bean I'll grind myself. Yum! Here's to you! Speaking of nuitrition and vitamins, I'll be "C"-ing you!)
    Last edited by Doug; 06-17-2009 at 12:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doug I share my steaming cup of Harrods tea, much better than coffee for you (sorry Lisa) Now i understand why I couldn't post today, although I just clicked on new posts and was bumped out
    Jolanta

Doug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jola57 View Post
    Doug I share my steaming cup of Harrods tea, much better than coffee for you (sorry Lisa) Now i understand why I couldn't post today, although I just clicked on new posts and was bumped out
    I love a fragrant Darjeeling any time of day, but I guess the Harrod's must be a nice above-average breakfast blend. Mmmm! Meet at your place next week for tea and breakfast. I'm bring my Scottish great grandmother's scone recipe, but not the one for haggis, which doesn't sound good with tea anyway. (I suspect haggis contributed to the discovery and perfection of that famous Scottish disinfectant, single malt Scotch whisky. Mmmm!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default some days they can have me

You mean someone can pretend to be me?
    Why would any sane person want to impersonate a weggie????
    I'd gladly give them me on these high doses of Pred.

Just kidding. I really wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Doug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Terri View Post
    You mean someone can pretend to be me?
    Why would any sane person want to impersonate a weggie????
    I'd gladly give them me on these high doses of Pred.

Just kidding. I really wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
    Well, WG is our worst enemy, aside from being our BFF, a characterization we use when talking in front of it, but not when it's not in the same room.... so, in that case, WG can walk a mile in our shoes, think about the misery it's caused us and thousands more over the years, come back, mutated into some benign thing that is useful, say, in that it lives in our guts and cellates heavy metals out of our bodies so our floaters sink to the bottom of the pool when they exit our hippo arses. In that way, the plankton that thrive on bacteria can flourish, feeding the fish that.... Oh that's a different eco-system, isn't it? "Hippo arses" kinda threw me off.

The stuff coming our of my brain today makes me think I'm having a delayed reaction to Prednisone! I promise: this is the last thing I write until I get a good night's sleep. I lost track of time last night, then it was morning. Gad! Believe it or not, I was not the class clown! (I was the mousey, quiet kid with glasses.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't stop, in the funny way you write is a gold mine of truth about us
    Jolanta

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast