Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: prednisone and rituximab

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you Anne & Jeanmarie for your support. it is precious for me.
    my doc said it is early to have any reaction to RTX.
    all this WG illness is scary...
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once one gets past the 'scary' stage and begins to deal with WG as a part of one's life, then things seem to get better and more manageable. Not to say that we should never be scared, but it's a stage...imagine all the cancer & AIDS patients who have to learn to deal with their new facts of life...we are the same...there is hope sometimes, but there is always life to deal with as best as we can...the best to all of us who are and who have been scared!! Still looking for MY cup of coffee...sighs...
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there are times it became more scary, when WG became more active....
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just had two infusions of rituxin while on 60mg of prednisone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Meode81 View Post
    I just had two infusions of rituxin while on 60mg of prednisone.
    Docs are knocking it down hard and fast. As the rtx takes effect, they will begin lowering the pred, thus lowering some of the craziness you may feel right now. Keep a good attitude and hang tough.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

30mg daily pred with first round of Rtx, 20mg with the second round (about 10 months later) down to 1mg pred now and hoping to catch the next flair early and not have to jump too high back on the prednisone roller coaster. It has been 9 mounths and my doctor just got the Rtx pre-approved with insurance so as soon as signs show a flair we can treat again. FYI: still on weekly metheltrexate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12