Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Career/ Job Help!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Career/ Job Help!!

I need some help with finding a good career or job.
    My situation:
    I have wegeners of course but also diabetes. I'm not always sick but I am always coughing it never goes away and at times I loose my voice plus doc app and other lil things that come up. I want something that I don't have to deal with ppl or talk to many ppl. A career that I am to myself working or a job that requires me to not communicate much but work hard. I really like helping ppl like medical field or any that will work w my situations.

Please I could use some advice or help with this. Thank u

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are medical groups that hire out their 'form filling' needs to online workers...you might research that. Best of luck!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    There are medical groups that hire out their 'form filling' needs to online workers...you might research that. Best of luck!
    A friend has mentioned medical transcribing as such a field that can be worked from home, and she has done.... maybe this is part of what you are referring to, Don. Some training required but maybe not a lot, need some knowledge of diseases and conditions, wish I knew more... I would sure like something like this, too.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes medical transcriptionist I have looked up. Here in ga I haven't found schools here that have that program but online they do but I'm not sure what online program is accredited and can get me a job either :/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Lupita,

When you want to see whether a program is accredited, look for accreditation by a regional body such as Southern Association or Middle States Association or Council on Higher Education. Programs approved by state departments of education or approved for veterans benefits are held to lower standards. In general, programs offered at state colleges and "old line" private colleges will be accredited. This would possibly include University of Phoenix. Proprietary schools such as ITT are generally not accredited.

I used to handle tuition reimbursements at The Hoover Company (vacuum cleaner maker), and we would only approve accredited programs. Hope this is helpful. If you have specific school in mind, let me know and I'll research it for you.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friend who has worked in medical transcribing actually just worked with a doctor she knew, and he more or less trained her and hired her, so she didn't even go to school for it.... but that of course is an unusual situation. She did give me some suggestions and I might get a chance to ask her about it soon.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lupita View Post
    yes medical transcriptionist I have looked up. Here in ga I haven't found schools here that have that program but online they do but I'm not sure what online program is accredited and can get me a job either :/
    Get the info on line and review it with some local clinics or hospitals to find out if they think it might qualify you for such a position. They might even have some job training help or advice. I too think some keyboarding job done on online might be a good fit for you. Those job are often piece rate work with no benefits. Data base entry work which is like filling out forms might be another good fit. A local employment office might have other hints and advice. Some times they have funds too for job training.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lupita View Post
    I need some help with finding a good career or job.
    My situation:
    I have wegeners of course but also diabetes. I'm not always sick but I am always coughing it never goes away and at times I loose my voice plus doc app and other lil things that come up. I want something that I don't have to deal with ppl or talk to many ppl. A career that I am to myself working or a job that requires me to not communicate much but work hard. I really like helping ppl like medical field or any that will work w my situations.

Please I could use some advice or help with this. Thank u
    I'm not sure of the qualifications for this program but every state has a vocational rehabilitation education training program where they pay for your education so that you can find employment. In my state this is the following information they look for:

"that you have a medically diagnosed physical, developmental, or emotional disability;
    that your condition(s) creates significant impediments to your ability to work;
    that there is a reasonable expectation that VESID services will enable you to work; and
    VESID services are required to enable you to become employed".

"Whether or not you receive benefits (SSI or SSDI), you may still be eligible to receive services".

I hope the above info is something that be might of interest/and or helpful for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank yall very much.... i will look up all the info yall posted. hopefully i can find something really need to do something for myself and my family.