Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wegeners Fundraising Initiative

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Everyone.

Here's a quick trip and training update. It's exactly 2 months until I embark on this trip. Crazy how time flys! I've been doing fairly well with my training. The winter season is winding down here now, but I hope to get out on the snow once a week through the spring. It's bike season now. My goal is to ride around 500 km next week while I'm at a conference in the Okanagan (Canada's wine country). I realize it's going to be a really tough trip.

The fundraising is coming along. I'm at around $3000 now. Hopefully I can get some local media to show my story soon. My busy work season is done so I'm planning on focusing on this trip much more now.

Thanks again for everyone's comments and support on this forum. It's really appreciated.

Pete

xray3.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice lungs. I go to that area in BC now and then. I have a brother and sister with property there. Should be there this summer probably last 2 weeks in August.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello again. I hope everyone here is keeping well.

I finally finished my busy season of work. Time to focus mainly on my trip and fundraising initiative. I'm happy to say that we're at over 25% of the fundraising goal so far (~$4000). I know many will wait to see if I can accomplish this goal Time to start spreading the word even more. I'm hoping for some local media coverage soon. Please pass this link along: Autoimmune Expedition - Home

Training is coming along. I cycled 350 km last week, while attending a conference for 8-10 hours per day. Whew. I think I might need a couple more little gears to haul my skis and climbing gear up to the base of Mount Rainier. Tough going. Luckily it's not a race.

Thanks again for all your encouragement and support.

Pete

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just finished putting together a promo video for the Autoimmune Expedition. I've shared it on you tube. This is my first movie making and you tube posting experience... but I think it turned out pretty well. Please check it out and pass the link onto anyone who you think might be interested. Thanks.

Link: The Autoimmune Expedition - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very cool! Sharing with everyone I know to help drum up some support
    Nicole

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How are you keeping Nicole?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a nice feature article in one of the local Vancouver area newspapers. I'm hoping a little more publicity like this will help bring in more donations. Less than 3 weeks until the trip begins...

North Shore Outlook - Former North Shore ski patroller determined to climb Mt. Rainier

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Less than 2 weeks until the expedition begins...

This is my final fundraising push. So far I am almost half way to my goal of $14,411. I'm hoping to reach this goal by the time I accomplish the physical goal around July 14. Please consider donating to this cause (and if you have already, thank you!). All money raised will go toward specific WGs or SARDs related research and will hopefully eventually lead to a cure. This link takes you directly to my secure online donation page: Peter Marshall's Personal Page for Autoimmune Expedition.

Thanks again for all your support and make sure to follow my blog and Facebook page for trip reports.

Pete

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Luck on your venture Pete.We will all be following, Keep well
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bike is loaded, the body feels pretty good, the weather looks great [but crazy hot]... now it's almost time to get rolling. Only a few days left until we ride out of Vancouver on our way to Mount Rainier! It's hard to believe that I will starting so soon. I'm excited to get going though.

Thanks to many very generous sponsors I have managed to raise $9000 of the $14,411 goal. I had hoped to be close to 2/3 of the way to the goal before starting, and it looks like I will be. Thanks to everyone in this community who has supported me, either in financial support or words of encouragement. Please pass on the donation link to anyone else who you think might want to contribute: Peter Marshall's Personal Page for Autoimmune Expedition

Here's another local newspaper article: Mt. Rainier next goal on road to recovery | Whistler | Pique Newsmagazine | Whistler, CANADA. Great publicity to help raise awareness of our condition.

Pete

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast