Thread: Wegeners Fundraising Initiative

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Wegeners Fundraising Initiative

July 2013

1000 km of cycling (including a group ride event)

10,000 vertical feet of mountain climbing and skiing on one of the most prominent peaks in the US

GOAL: to raise close to $15,000 for Wegeners research (and other similar conditions)

Please check out the links below for more details on the trip, training and fundraising updates, and trip progress reports. I have also included the link for donating. All money raised will benefit the Arthritis Society of Canada for specific research projects related to Systemic Autoimmune Rheumatic Diseases (which Wegeners is a part of). Thanks for your support! - Peter (North Vancouver, BC)

Fundraising site: https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg...upId=378589890

Blog: The Autoimmune Expedition | Documenting a self-propelled expedition from Vancouver to the summit of Mount Rainier to raise awareness of Systemic Autoimmune Rheumatic Diseases (SARDs)

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TheAutoimmuneExpedition

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love your blog and fb page Peter.

So many people amaze me - you, Marta, Cindy - only to name a few of the amazing people all over our world that go above and beyond for a particular cause.

I look forward to following you journey/progress
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is great, Peter! Thank you for this wonderful effort of yours on behalf of all of us here on the forum and everyone else with a rare autoimmune disease. It's great to see people who are able to really get out and do something for the cause and have fun doing it!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! Look at you Peter, that's an awesome way to raise money! My friend is running a marathon next month and recently decided to raise money for the Vasculitis Foundation. Like Anne and Michelle have said, it's so nice to see people going above and beyond to for those with Wegener's and other autoimmune diseases. Best of luck to you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought I would give a brief update on how the Autoimmune Expedition is shaping up. The trip is scheduled to start in around 90 days. So far I've managed to raise just over $2000, but I'm really just staring to get going on the fundraising part of it. I spent the Easter weekend training in the mountains near Mount Baker (Washington). I managed to hike/climb/ski almost 40 km and 4000 vertical meters in just 4 days. It was tiring but I felt pretty good overall. It gave me a little more confidence for this trip. Now I need to get out on the bike more. One of the local bike Manufacturers in Vancouver kindly gave me a new bike at a great price. Several other businesses are coming on board providing support as well. Please help me spread the word! I think the money raised will go a long way towards specific autoimmune research. Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi peter,
    only to tell that you are amazing
    you give hope and faith and inspiration.
    thank you.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's really cool that my trip Facebook page has "likes" from various parts of the world. Spain, France, India, Florida, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Washington, Alberta, Quebec, ... I wonder how many Provinces, States, and Countries will be represented by the time the expedition rolls around. Awesome. Make sure to "like" the page if you're interested in trip updates and hearing about the Fundraising progress. Thanks!!

Pete

https://www.facebook.com/TheAutoimmuneExpedition

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't forget Australia too Pete

The page looks fantastic and you are doing an awesome job.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! Awesome support from this community!

I can add Australia, Sweden, Turkey, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, California, Oklahoma, New York, Texas... and I'm sure I missed others. Thanks everyone. Your support motivates me to get out and train hard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And Saskatchewan......lol.

When is the Symposium in Calgary and Where will it take place?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast