So I have a problem.

It's kind of embarrassing; but I thought I should ask before I whip out the bleach.

Our house has always had a bit of a moisture issue. Ever since we bought it; to combat this we run two dehumidifiers (one on each level of the house). Anyway, we have been having crazy temp fluctuations and it causes two of our outside walls to sweat (our bedroom; and a spare room). Now there is MOLD on the ceiling! YUCK. The bedroom is very minimal. However the spare room has about 2 feet on the ceiling that is affected.

I can see it; and it's there. It's black in color. I want to wash it off but if it is going to invade my lungs with it's alien mold spores I don't want to. Obviously; we can't afford to rip the ceilings out else I would do that too. It's honestly not a ton of mold; but I am just weirded out majorly by it. We also can't really afford to have someone else come look at it. Nope; this is a job for us (aka, me) to tackle on my own.

I have prepared for my mold-killing extravaganza by purchasing every mold destroying product known to man. However I would like to make sure that I will be safe before attempting to annihilate the mold empire.

I plan to wear a mask and gloves; of course.

Any advice would be appreciated.