User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recurrent sinus infection (and proposed surgery to correct deviated septum)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear of some continued struggles Phil, but you are rather amazing and to be admired. No fears of sharing all of your plugs/boils/blood and guts for the benefit of any Weggie that speaks English!! Thanks for all of your shares as they enlighten the entire bunch of us. I have read of Dr Lebovics and his solid gold reputation...and consider that an option if we feel compelled to travel. There are no Vasculitis "Experts" in Texas.

Alison has been treated at Mayo, Rochester several times (pulmy= Ulrich Specks, and a couple of ENT procedures there...it's just a long way from home).

Don, do you mind detailing a bit about your recovery....was this an inpatient procedure, or day surgery? How long was your recovery? Did she give you any indication of possible scenarios if your septum was not as strong as it evidently was? (I am concerned that my daughter's may be friable) Thanks!

Jane

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Jane, but it is really just my duty to share what I can. I don't consider myself amazing in any way, not even close. And I certainly don't think of myself as one to be admired.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Palmyra View Post
    . No fears of sharing all of your plugs/boils/blood and guts for the benefit of any Weggie that speaks English!! Thanks for all of your shares as they enlighten the entire bunch of us.

Jane

... and for the benefits of any Weggie, whatever language he speaks...

although I needed the dictionary...
    comforting to find out I'm not the only one cleaning strange colorous staff from nose every couple of hours...
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You may not think it Phil, but you are most worthy of admiration.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh, Shucks. Now you got me blushing. But in all honesty, I just want to try and help people. I am not a superhero by any means.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Ahh, Shucks. Now you got me blushing. But in all honesty, I just want to try and help people. I am not a superhero by any means.
    Do you mean Batman isn't real...sighs...another icon gone...
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course Batman is real. I am here, aren't I?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had my regular check-up with my ent the other day and he said my ears and nose are still doing good,but I asked him about the inside of my cheeks being so puffy ( like cottonballs on the inside ).I thought for sure it was from my saliva glands and he would have a quick fix but he said it wasn't and he had no idea. He wanted me tested for allergies and possibly having Sjogrens syndrome. So I went the other day and had 12 tubes of blood drawn ( I had my monthly blood and urine test done at the same time ) Well it came back neg. for Sjogrens and my other bloodwork was pretty good. My sed rate was 20 and hasn't been that high in a long time.I won't have the results from the allergy test until this week and they said the pred. may hide any allergy. I even went to the dentist under his suggestion and had a scan done of my month and u could see how puffy it was but my dentist blew it of and said I had some exposed nerves and gave me a script for special toothpaste.I don't know what to do at this point,it gets so bad and I swear it's my glands by reading up on it but my ent is a really good dr. I don't know what to do next
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can understand why all this would be upsetting to you, Debra. It's so frustrating when medical and dental professionals can't figure things out or minimize your symptoms when you know how unusual they are. I really hope someone gets to the bottom of this mystery soon. Maybe the allergy test results will help. My doc doesn't seem to think I can have any allergy symptoms when I'm on pred and MTX, but I don't believe him. I think I'm having a touch of seasonal allergies (asthma) along with my WG. I'm very familiar with what it feels like, and it's different than WG breathing issues.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12