User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wegener's Article (rare disease day)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Wegener's Article (rare disease day)

Hi Folks,

I wrote a short article for a local online paper in my city about Wegener's for Rare Disease Day.

It went well until someone posted an ignorant comment and then it got ugly. Some comments were removed obviously.. But for some reason not the ignorant one. Something about how I should try some chicken noodle soup as it fixes everything. Whatever... lol

I don't really give a rats @ss after what I've been through but some people got riled up. I don't understand why no matter what people do; someone has to be an @rse. My mother basically got out the torches... Small city drama.

On the plus side I got lots of nice comments and e-mails; but when someone says things like that it hurts. I don't care if it was a joke or not. I'm sure none of you will find it funny either!

Anyway, enough of that.. Here is the article

Local woman with rare disease spreads awareness : Miramichi Online

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow I wish I could write as well as you. What a gift. Have always wished I'd paid more attention in my English classes.
    One Day At A Time

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Marci.

I wish someone would hire me to write! LOL.. I need a new job

I love writing. Have often thought of writing a book; but not sure if I am up for the challenge and I don't have many good ideas. I would love to write books for a living.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all Carrie, well written...really! I'm an old English teacher and a pseudo poet...you did good girl! Yes, do examine the writing field...first of all, it can be done from home. Not sure I'd tackle novels, but tech writers are needed in all fields!! Think about it. As to others being @sses...fooey on them...this is YOUR world you live in, they know nothing or little. You have improved soooooo much since we first met you...congrats! Oh, and ideas are a dime a dozen and there are no new ideas...it's the commitment to seeing your words in front of you and how you can express those words in strings of thoughts for others to understand as best they can...that's what's hard...long hours, heavy duty introspection, and a commitment to the language you use...sighs...that's why I'm a 'pseudo' writer...commitment is fleeting and scary in that field...takes guts to expose one's self to others in that medium...good luck!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very well written Carrie. I just laugh at comments like those. I give people like that a chance to learn and if they are stubborn I just walk away. Doesn't fizz me.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Don!

I think the issue (at least locally) is that I have no post secondary education related to writing. A lot of companies want that (which is understandable). However, I've got a friend with 6 years of University under her belt as an English major and she sends me text messages in bingo form (example... Come 2 my house b4 u leave). LOL

I used to have an at home position with a website company writing content for websites; which was great. However the company went belly up and I have not been able to find a legitimate non-scammy position since. I have no idea where to look or where to find one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bet you could start your own company doing website work. I know a lady in Ontario that does that on her own.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by carriej22 View Post
    Hi Folks,

I wrote a short article for a local online paper in my city about Wegener's for Rare Disease Day.

It went well until someone posted an ignorant comment and then it got ugly. Some comments were removed obviously.. But for some reason not the ignorant one. Something about how I should try some chicken noodle soup as it fixes everything. Whatever... lol

I don't really give a rats @ss after what I've been through but some people got riled up. I don't understand why no matter what people do; someone has to be an @rse. My mother basically got out the torches... Small city drama.

On the plus side I got lots of nice comments and e-mails; but when someone says things like that it hurts. I don't care if it was a joke or not. I'm sure none of you will find it funny either!

Anyway, enough of that.. Here is the article

Local woman with rare disease spreads awareness : Miramichi Online
    Another great job for raising awareness. ATTA GIRL!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great article Carrie! Thank you for sharing your story this way, hopefully it will raise awareness and understanding in your community and elsewhere.

Jennie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If possible I would like to steer away from the website stuff - making websites about contracting, tractors, stump removal, etc... Gets a bit dry..

Plus it seems as though people are more inclined to pay for website design and coding (which I have no idea how to do) rather than having someone write the content. Which is why I think the company I worked for took a dive.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast