I met with my pulmonologist today because for about nine months I've had an increasingly difficult time coughing out congestion and it seems like it is getting thicker and thicker, and at one point completely blocking my airway. I didn't think it had anything to with my WG because I'm on MTX, Prednisone and Fluticasone (nasal steroid).

He surprised me by saying that if a culture doesn't show bacteria that I need a bronchoscopy to look for a possible bronchial stenosis. I've had two bronchoscopy's already over the years and expressed my feelings of anxiety about the procedure to my doc because you're awake, your throat is numb, and they're sticking tubes down it (not a good combination when you're aware) so he is going to do it himself this time and heavily sedate me. Whew!

He told me not to Google the info about bronchial stenosis because he didn't want that in my head (too scary I guess). So of course I got home and Googled it immediately because I'm more of a 'knowledge is power' kind of person. What I'm finding though is that while tracheal stenosis is a more common side-effect of WG that bronchial stenosis is not. In fact, very rare. So now I'm curious to know if anyone else on this far-reaching forum has been diagnosed, or treated for bronchial stenosis in association with WG?

Thanks for any feedback! - Shannon