Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: colon involvement ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the forum Alysia.

I'm so sorry that you feel so alone in your Country.......I wonder how many other people in Israel may have Wegs.

You mentioned that you are on MTX 2.5mg daily. I was pretty sure that this drug was taken in a larger dose once a week and that it shouldn't be taken on a daily basis because you need to have days of no MTX. Maybe someone on here could confirm that.
    Are you also taking folic acid for the MTX?

If the colon trouble is Crohns, then MTX is also used for that condition as well.

I hope things come good for you soon
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I was surprised at your mtx dose. Mine is similar, but once a week, halved about 12 hours apart. And folic acid is a necessity with mtx...saves the stomach and the hair! Best of luck.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was someone else on here that is from Israel. Can't remember who it is though.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    There was someone else on here that is from Israel. Can't remember who it is though.
    Did they leave a pin on the map?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think so. I will check.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gmyi is also from Israel on here.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Alysia,

My daughter was diagnosed with Crohn's disease, then later developed Weg. Not to say you have both, but an individual can have more than one autoimmune condition.

In my years of monitoring these sites, biopsies of the nose are difficult to obtain conclusive diagnostic info, but biopsy of the colon was easy and definitive for my daughter.

Best of luck,
    Jane

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,
    I dont know how I missed the second page of this thread, so I'm sorry, Michelle, Don & Phil for the delay in answering you...

I dont know how many weggees there are in Israel. my WG doc has some, but all my other docs never saw WG pateint except for the lungs doc. I wonder if there are statistics how many wegees there are in each country... I also wonder about genetic basis. because my parents are relatives...

Considerng MTX: before it, I tryed Imuran and it was terrible: I vomit so much, about 15 times in 3 hours, I thought I was going to vomit my soul... so when I started MTX my doc decided to give it like that. but now I'm worried. maybe it is a problem to take it this way ? Does anyone here know if it is O.k. ?
    I also take folic acid 5 mg a day.
    Jane. thanks. you confirm my experience with nose biopsy. sorry for your daughter. what is she taking for Crohn ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia,

The drugs my daughter takes to control Weg (Rituximab or 'Rituxin' infusions, along with the occasional prednisone) has controlled all of her Crohn's symptoms, as it is a very similar disease in that regard. Methotrexate was not enough to control her Weg, and immuran gave her pancreatitis (very bad!!)

That you take additional folic acid is a very good idea. When my daughter's GI tract was not functioning well, she took a prenatal vitamin and a probiotic suppliment daily. Best of luck with your intestinal issues. They can cause a lot of fatigue as well.

Jane
    Last edited by Palmyra; 03-06-2013 at 11:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi jane,
    Thanks. a lot of health to your daughter.

ABOUT THE MTX : Does anyone here taking it every day, like I do (6/7 week) ? Is it a problem to take it like that ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast