Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Headaches and light headed

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Headaches and light headed

So in the last week my headaches have increased where I am taking the above average of dosage of Advil to stop the pain and ontop of it have had a few episodes of light headed is this part of the Wegener's?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was having some unusually painful headaches a couple of months ago, which I decided were at least partially due to not drinking enough water and getting dehydrated. But I ended up getting into a flare not long after that, and wonder if the headaches were part of that. As for the lightheadedness, I've gotten that occasionally from the meds and more rarely, in conjunction with dizziness or vertigo related to some disturbance in my inner or middle ear. This is related to WG and the damage that has been done to my ears. I only have severe instances of this a couple of times a year, and the only solution is to lie down until it passes.

That is all I can come up with, and hopefully others will chime in with their own experiences and insights...
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mama, are you taking MTX - this can cause headaches

Since I have started reducing the pred, the headaches the day or two after taking MTX are pretty bad, almost to migraine stage, however they do go away with a few panadols.

I hope things come good soon - maybe a visit to the doc's
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, maybe that explains my headaches, too.... I have only been on MTX about 6 months and was going through a stressful period, or had just come through one, at the time. MTX seems to be working for me but we are still playing with the dosage, etc. Right now I'm in a minor flare and am on increased pred along with increased MTX.... no headaches presently.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advil is not good to take on a regular basis. Have you tried Tylenol 1s?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But what concerns me more is what is causing these headaches? Is it your intense stress of moving right now or is it the Wegs? Or maybe something else.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

been off all meds for about 2 maybe 3 months so its not med induced could be from stress but I am not thinking it is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think some of my headaches were due to the onset of winter and cold, dry weather....especially where you are, these conditions could cause all your sinus tissues to become irritated and swollen from dehydration, and this could cause headaches! Of course, there could be more than one cause. I guess I'd also recommend a visit to the doc if it continues, and also in regard to the lightheadedness.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been having headaches most of the time since I was diagnosed a month ago. Twice I had the room spinning when I blew my nose. I would have fallen if I hadn't grabbed onto the counter and called someone to help me into a chair...scary!