Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Old Girl.....Mew Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Marci,

I'm glad you got an earlier appointment at Cleveland Clinic. You'll be in very good hands with Dr. Villa Forte. My first appointment with her lasted over an hour. We went through my medical history in great detail - especially since onset of GPA. She has an easy bedside manner. She also gives timely responses to questions that might arise between visits.

I generally have my appointment at around 11 AM. I leave Columbus just before 8 AM to get there at around 10:30, and I'm generally home by 3:30.

Good luck. I'm sure you'll have a productive visit.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish I could see Dr. Villa-Forte, darn it! I'm glad for those of you who can, though.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jaha, wanted to let you know I called the Comfort Inn yesterday and made a reservation. That is a really good rate for a downtown hotel. Thanks for the info. Pete, can't thank you enough for suggesting Dr. Villa-Forte. Can't believe she spent that much time with you on your first appt.

When I introduced myself I forgot to mention that both my sister and brother have been diagnosised with an IM disease in the pass year too. My sister's doctor says they tested her for WG and it's not that, but I think it is. She says that her doctor doesn't think it's what they first thought it was but having been able to give her dx. Her's started last Jan. 4th with the joint pain and stiffness. Not quite sure when my brother's started but he has the inflamed eyes and seeing someone at the Univ. of Florida who did not give him a specific dx. but according to my SIL said yes it was an IM disease and put him on drugs. I think it is interesting that I now have all three of these symptoms.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
    One Day At A Time

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just had to drop in to say I think this WG has gotten my brain, even more than being over 65. Just noticed that my thread title is "Old Girl....Mew Member" when it should be "New Member" and I also stated my age as 68 and heavens know why I would do that as a woman since I'm still 67. Could also be the prednisone since it seems to make me very talkie.
    One Day At A Time

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Marci welcome and good luck at the new doctors , great
    site and heaps of help and great people always willing to lend a ear .xx
    Diagnosed March 2001 ... WG Involvement - Ears . Sinus ( saddle nose) , eye ( blind Left )
    currently on 5 mg Pred , Myfortex 6x360mg/d , Fosamax 70mg .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Marci,

When anything goes wrong with my body(including memory), I just blame it on pred. Hope that excuse will be gone in a few weeks as I finish my taper off pred. I'm at 3 mg/day now and will go to 2 on Friday. I hope to be off completely by April 1 (he said while knocking on wood).

On a more serious note, you may want to prepare some notes regarding your family medical history (especially AI diseases) as well as a timeline outlining the appearance and severity of symptoms related to GPA. (Assuming you haven't done this already)
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marci View Post
    Just had to drop in to say I think this WG has gotten my brain, even more than being over 65. Just noticed that my thread title is "Old Girl....Mew Member" when it should be "New Member" and I also stated my age as 68 and heavens know why I would do that as a woman since I'm still 67. Could also be the prednisone since it seems to make me very talkie.
    Well, Marci, Wegener's does affect the functioning of the brain.... in fact, I don't know about anyone else, but I've looked at your thread title several times and did not notice that it said "Mew Member"! As a cat lover, you can count me among the Mew Members. As for age, I'm 60, and I do have trouble telling whether it's the WG or my age that is getting my brain.... a combination of both, I'm sure.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw it said Mew but I thought my eyes were playing funny buggers. The lines kind of blend together and could be an N

Whenever I forget something or just have one of those brain fades - my family call me predhead,
    or say, there she goes again, I bet she's going to blame the pred

I'm sure it's just another WG symptom - don't be too worried
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for understanding my brain. Does anyone know who the oldest member here is? I must be up there for the running.

You will noticed I changed my Avatar. Saw this pink pig on another site and since I run around alot in my big pink bathrobe I couldn't resist. I like her attitude.

Pete, thanks for the suggestion about my family history and a timeline. Also wanted to tell you my oldest son took flying lessons and has his pilots license now. Hasn't done much this pass year because of his cancer. He took lessons at Delaware and now uses the Marysville airport. He loves it.
    One Day At A Time

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That looks like Piglet, one of the great literary characters of the 20th century. Can't argue with Piglet or Pooh, their logic and ways of looking at things was always something to learn from.

I did like your other avatar, too. I'm guessing you are not the oldest person ever on the forum, or even presently. You are an attractive looking person and you remind me of some people I know in my community.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast