User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of some of you...and jack.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Jack was honored today.

Leonard Cohen was awarded Artist and Song Writer of the Year. His son Adam accepted on his behalf. All this thinking of Jack today made me cry. I went over the many messages and e-mails we had over the years. I looked through all the threads I could find where Jack had responded. It brought back a lot of memories for sure. Then I cried more.

We will never forget you Jack!
    I had a day too recently when I thought of Jack, Al, and Light Warrior who can no longer grace our forum with their supportive comments and wisdom.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently found out another Weggie I know in Calgary passed away. She was on the earlier version of this Forum. I even got to meet her family.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    I had a day too recently when I thought of Jack, Al, and Light Warrior who can no longer grace our forum with their supportive comments and wisdom.

My day, was when I read the stories on Marta's website.

For all of us on here that had the pleasure of gaining knowledge (and laughs) from the wisdom and generosity of these three people, we know how missed they are.
    For those that did not have the personal/cybernet pleasure............do yourself a favour and check out some of the old threads that they posted in........many are quite hilarious.

I also miss Sangye and her words of fun and wisdom ........ please come back to us.

As I mention these four people, there are also many many many, old and new members that all make up this wonderful, amazing, forum and I'm sorry for single'ing out just the few.

I love ya all
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to you, "veterans" of the forum,
    my heart is with you, and with your pain for your loved ones, that were part of this family, and passed away.
    there are no words for this...
    sending you my love and sorrow.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    to you, "veterans" of the forum,
    my heart is with you, and with your pain for your loved ones, that were part of this family, and passed away.
    there are no words for this...
    sending you my love and sorrow.
    Thanks. We are glad we had the opportunity to interact with them on here and are sorry you weren't able to enjoy their wit and wisdom. Some of the old threads still contain the words they typed but often the best were in private messages that are generally lost.

rif Guest

Very often think about those we have lost on the forum, there must also be many others we do not know about who have left their loved ones.
    Listening to Leonard Cohen always brings tears to my eyes for many personal reasons.

Rif

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's not a week goes by I don't think of Jack. Seems strange to miss someone you only knew over the internet. Jack was the one who pushed me to go to Adds so i'll always remember him for that. Al's wisdom and deep technical knowledge and of course Light Warriors light! At least they'll never be forgotten by us who were privileged to know them.
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by freakyschizogirl View Post
    There's not a week goes by I don't think of Jack. Seems strange to miss someone you only knew over the internet. Jack was the one who pushed me to go to Adds so i'll always remember him for that. Al's wisdom and deep technical knowledge and of course Light Warriors light! At least they'll never be forgotten by us who were privileged to know them.
    I was fortunate to also have had exchange of private messages with all three. I also felt a kinship with them cause we shared our feelings about our Wegs and how it impacted our lives. We had many of the same concerns and issues because of similarities in how Wegs affected us. I had often thought that Jack and Al were two people I would like to meet in person because of their wisdom and apparent compassion and concern for others. I didn't know Lightwarrior as well but know she was also a positive and helpful person who was always sending healing light to any of us in distress. I think Vdub tried to meet up with Lightwarrior but was unable to connect when in the vicinity.

Yes, it is strange in away that one can bond so closely and feel such loss in losing a person you never met in person but not really when you think about how people used to court and fall in love through pen pal relationships years before the internet. If you shared more of your personal feelings and thoughts with them, and felt they really understood and cared, isn't that what a good friend does? So of course we miss them as well as their helpful contributions to this forum which is an important part of our support system.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't been on in awhile but got an email notification from this thread today. I think of Jack every day, too. And Lightwarrior...it's still so painful to think that she's no longer in the world. I often wonder how her family is doing without her. She was their rock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    I haven't been on in awhile but got an email notification from this thread today. I think of Jack every day, too. And Lightwarrior...it's still so painful to think that she's no longer in the world. I often wonder how her family is doing without her. She was their rock.
    Hi Sangye,
    I'm relatively new here.
    a lot of times here, people are mentionning your name.
    Im glad you are back and curious to read more from you.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast