Thread: Appendix...not so useless afterall

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Appendix...not so useless afterall

So I saw this article today:
    Pretty Useful: Appendix Evolved More Than 30 Times | Wired Science | Wired.com

Basically speculating that the appendix is part of the immune system and serves as a refuge for the beneficial bacteria when stomach infections strike.

This struck me as interesting as my appendix burst when I was in 3rd grade. Since then I always had a somewhat unpredictable stomach. But then the idea that it's part of the Lymphatic system and it had me thinking could it be linked to Wegs? It would almost be something the researchers would ignore as the appendix has been considered "useless" for a very long time.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw an article about that a couple weeks ago. Id heard that it has evolved over the centries. Several years ago,I was told the spleen also serves the same purpose or that it helped ward off infections or bacteria. When the spleen has to be removed it causes other side effects. Tonsils also falls into a catagory where they serve a purpose but its unknown why they go bad I think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holistic doctors have always said this about the appendix.

Tonsils, too. There was a study in the past few years that found kids who'd had tonsillectomies were much more likely to require an appendectomy later in life. Tonsils are the first line of defense, then stomach acid, then the appendix.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before being diagnosed I went in for a regular physical and the doctor asked me when I had my tonsils removed and I said NEVER. He said "well it looks like they just dried up then." I always thought that was wierd. Thanks, I am going to ask my GPA doctor next time I see him what he thinks about this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Makes perfect sense about the tonsils and appendix.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess that is why the doctors wont take out my daughters tonsils
    Oh well, she will just have to live with the pain of it a few times a year
    ........isn't that what some non trained WG doctors say....you will just have to live with it.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your daughter is getting frequent tonsillitis take her to a chiropractor. The spinal nerves in the upper neck area control drainage of the head and neck, including the tonsils. Frequent tonsil and/or ear infections are often caused by a simple misalignment that interferes with proper draining. Chiropractors see it all the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Sangye,
    You have mentioned this before.
    Wouldn't she have a sore neck or shoulders if something was out of alignment??

I have told her but whether she goes or not, is a different story
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(Can't keep track of my own nagging. LOL)

No, misalignments are not always painful or stiff. People who have had one for years (especially young people or kids) often don't feel anything is wrong. They've long forgotten-- or worse, never knew-- what it's like to feel normal motion. If a misalignment is left uncorrected for years though, the abnormal wear and tear on that vertebra and surrounding discs causes degeneration. It also causes neighboring vertebrae to become hypermobile to pick up the slack, and degenerative changes happen there, too. Those changes can become quite painful and are irreversible. One chronic misalignment can make a real mess over time.

Frequent infections wear down the immune system. And if the tonsils aren't draining properly, the rest of the head and neck lymphatic system isn't, either. It's like having a toilet that doesn't flush very well. Good image to share with her.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Sangye,

I will certainly share this image with her......that should get her to go, and why not, if it works then she will be able to eat, talk, swallow without pain those few times each couple of months.

Please don't ever stop the nagging
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle