Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ridiculous TV Ads

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ridiculous TV Ads

Saw an ad on TV the other night and again today. Its a bayer asprin ad where a man gives testomny to his experience with a heart attack at age 33. He says he is in the ambulance and apparently he is in such peril that the EMT told him to call his next of Kin. Then it goes on to promote bayer asprin for heart health! What seems so ridiculous is that if he is in that bad of condition, how is he going to call his next of kin, wouldnt he have some type of mask or something on his face?Ugh, get this mask off my face Mr EMT, I have to make some calls. And wouldnt it be preferred that he lie still so they can work on stabilizing him. I personally get a little anal if I am lied to. This ad seem so disingenuous that if I didnt practice the asprin a day anyhow, I wouldnt do it just because the testiment was so phony. Calling next of kin would not be a priority if he was in that much distress.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Saw an ad on TV the other night and again today. Its a bayer asprin ad where a man gives testomny to his experience with a heart attack at age 33. He says he is in the ambulance and apparently he is in such peril that the EMT told him to call his next of Kin. Then it goes on to promote bayer asprin for heart health! What seems so ridiculous is that if he is in that bad of condition, how is he going to call his next of kin, wouldnt he have some type of mask or something on his face?Ugh, get this mask off my face Mr EMT, I have to make some calls. And wouldnt it be preferred that he lie still so they can work on stabilizing him. I personally get a little anal if I am lied to. This ad seem so disingenuous that if I didnt practice the asprin a day anyhow, I wouldnt do it just because the testiment was so phony. Calling next of kin would not be a priority if he was in that much distress.
    My doctors took me off the daily aspirin after I was diagnosed with Wegs saying I did't need anything that increased my risk of bleeding. I do have an increased risk for stroke and heart attacks due to significant diabetes but no doctor has suggested i go back on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was told to keep taking them since I hae been on them already. Now with left heart ventrical pump being weak, the cardio wants me to continue taking them. I just didnt get the connection of the a Bayer asprin and the dire need to call his next of kin while in an ambulance. They did take the tylenol away tho and I can use it only as needed. Im at risk for stroke and heart attack, with the copd, there are days I think Im gettting close to having a spell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What seems ridiculous to me about those ads it that they imply that Bayer is different than any other aspirin. Aspirin is aspirin, right? And it does sound like the ad was pretty melodramatic, with the calling of next of kin, etc., which of course they would do as soon as they got the man's condition stabilized.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    My doctors took me off the daily aspirin after I was diagnosed with Wegs saying I did't need anything that increased my risk of bleeding. I do have an increased risk for stroke and heart attacks due to significant diabetes but no doctor has suggested i go back on it.
    Aspirin was my main pain reliever for most of my life ..... headaches, earaches etc.
    Just prior to being diagnosed with Wegs I was told to stop having aspirin because it was causing vein bleeds.
    Then when diagnosed with Wegs and put on MTX and pred, was also told not to take aspirin or any other anti inflammatory type pills.

I agree, an ad like that would be very far fetched. Not actually seen it here in Australia though, but seriously.....what the
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think most of the commericials are stupid. I should have gone into advertising,I would have made a mint,at least I think I could of come up with something better. And don't get me talking about those ridiculious REALITY shows..if I see another ad with " honey boo boo " I think I realy be sick !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    I think most of the commericials are stupid. I should have gone into advertising,I would have made a mint,at least I think I could of come up with something better. And don't get me talking about those ridiculious REALITY shows..if I see another ad with " honey boo boo " I think I realy be sick !!
    Reality shows? Seeing those poor homely men and women trying to get hitched on those Bachelor and bacherloette shows just drive me nuts! The reality shows are about as real as Pro wrestling. As for Honey Boo Boo, I just dont get that. If they want to do a real reality show they should just look to this forum for real stories of survival and daily living!