Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shingles or Flare

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Shingles or Flare

Got up yesterday morning with a rash on my right breast - put antibiotic cream and Benadryl on it hoping that it was something I was alergic to. Yes, it started out hurting but that has basically stopped. Since yesterday morning my back (on the right side) has been hurting, but no rash there. Got up this morning and now it is under my arm also. Called the doctor and see him tomorrow at 2. Any thoughts - does anyone think this is a flare or shingles? The rash is raised and some look like they have fluid in them. If it is shingles on long do you have it - what do they usually treat it with since we are on so much medicine. I have never had a rash with my Weg's. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like it is WG as you have the roaming pain along with the rash...pretty clear indicators. What other WG drugs are you on now?
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had Rituxan last May - on pred's (5mg), bactrim and nexium.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Meredith View Post
    I had Rituxan last May - on pred's (5mg), bactrim and nexium.
    As much as I hate to say it, it's been a while for your rtx and the pred is almost at a natural production level, so maybe it's time to re-evaluate your drug status?
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

see the doctor tomorrow - forgot how bad you feel, the rituxan was great for me

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck! Funny how easily we forget something we didn't want in the first place...we all do it! Ask every question in the book to your doc!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meredith, the rash you describe as raised with fluid in blisters sounds just like shingles to me - it's exactly how the rash looked when I had shingles. Hope you get treated soon and it's not too painful !

Fran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I post 2 weeks ago a thread entitle Daddy Freaking out..... On the thread was asking about allergy to reaction to Rituximab. I came today to give an updated of my son situation but can located the thread but bumped on yours. My son had his whole upper body cover with red bumps and blister on the arms and hands. The blisters end up being impetigo (school blisters). The red bumps the rheumatologist and neuphrologist was saying was allergic reaction to Rituximab, but my wife was very suspicious about it and did not accept that (praise the Lord) she took my son to a dermatologist and the scrapped it and the result was Scabies. So my recommendation to you insist to see a dermatologist and do not leave the office until the dermatologist scrap or biopsy it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow Sitolini, scabies!!
    Did he pick it up from the hospital? That's amazing.
    I know it is possible to pick them up but I thought you had to be in contact with someone who already had them......that's a little scary, that it happened after the RTX infusion,.
    What is the course of action now?

Poor thing, I hope he starts to feel better soon.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No did not got the scabies from hospital, he Is a party boy and lives in the coast so no idea where he got it. He never being in a hospital except at ED when he was dx with the illness. And yeah he got just one week after he finished with his RTX treatment, the action we took after realized he had scabies we wash all his close, all the bed shits on the house ( we all got it) all towels and everything else that had fabric on it was put on the sun, gladly is very hot here in California right now. Also we all use a cream to kill the bug, because he as really infested with the scabies he use the cream and also some oral medication. He is sure feeling better, today he did not spent the night at home ... Those young adult when sick act like a baby as soon as they got better they feel like superman ... At least that is the way he act.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast