Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Lightwarrior

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Valerie, if you read this, please know that we can feel your mother's light shining through you. She was our sister, as we had this thing in common that we live with on a daily basis. This is truly an exceptional forum, and Lightwarrior was one of the people who made it so.

Namaste
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Michelle, maybe you could explain to Valerie that she could log in to the forum in Lightwarrior's place, from Lightwarrior's computer, and make comments, if she chooses to do so.... I think that would work; in my case, I'm always logged in and don't have to enter a password but am not sure everyone is set up that way. Anyway, we would love to hear from her, but it is understandable that she may not be up to it for awhile.
    Anne, I will let Valerie know.
    I was going to mention it last night but thought she might be a bit consumed for the funeral arrangements, so have decided to wait a bit.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    Anne, I will let Valerie know.
    I was going to mention it last night but thought she might be a bit consumed for the funeral arrangements, so have decided to wait a bit.
    There is plenty of time for things to settle and for her to become aware that she can be a part of this forum if she chooses. You are right to wait until the time feels right to mention it.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My prayers are with her family. It's such a terrible loss

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh no. I just saw this. What a loss to so many people and family. Light will be missed and I hope she is resting in peace.
    "Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died." - Erma Bombeck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't been on here for awhile and just read all this. I am so sad, trying to hold back the tears. What a shock this is. I knew she had been sick with all the rtx infusions and in and out of the hosp. I just can't believe she didn't get better. My prayers are with the family and know she and Al are having some deep decussions now.

Namaste
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Losing Lightwarrior like this was makes me a little wary about ever taking RTX, if it shuts down the immune system that well. I don't need RTX right now, so will reserve final judgement of any risks until such time as I do. I know that Al's passing was under similar circumstances, and happened a lot faster, but he was not on RTX, I'm pretty sure he was on Imuran. That is another one I haven't been on. Well, it comes down to there is no predicting or guessing how any of us will react to treatment or to exposure to nasty infections that we probably wouldn't have gotten if our immune systems had been normal and not suppressed.

I continue to think of Christi and her precious family, and I hope they have lots of support from friends and relatives to help them through this devastating time in their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    I haven't been on here for awhile and just read all this. I am so sad, trying to hold back the tears. What a shock this is. I knew she had been sick with all the rtx infusions and in and out of the hosp. I just can't believe she didn't get better. My prayers are with the family and know she and Al are having some deep decussions now.

Namaste
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Christi is a warrior for sure. A Wegs Warrior.

Anne, is it an infection after receiving rtx that Christi died from?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Christi is a warrior for sure. A Wegs Warrior.

Anne, is it an infection after receiving rtx that Christi died from?
    Phil, my impression was that she contracted sepsis (septic shock, blood infection?) and lingered for quite awhile, in and out of the hospital. And that she had recently had her first RTX infusions. But I DON'T know the entire sequence of events or if there is any direct connection between her getting RTX and being susceptible to the blood infection. I'm only assuming that we get these hard-to-fight infections more easily than other people because we are immunosuppressed by our meds. But that could apply to people on CTX or MTX, too. Really, I don't know a lot, and was only speculating and sharing a gut feeling, which is probably irrational, about being wary of RTX unless I absolutely need it in the future. I'm sure someone else knows more about what Christi actually went through and specifically what she died of. So I apologize for throwing things out there when my actual knowledge of the situation is quite limited.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you are probably right Anne. No need to apologize. Not irrational at all.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast