Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking too far ahead

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michelle, it sounds like you are exceptionally well-equipped to plan the trip, with your insurance connections, your helpful doctor, and the fact that you have done it successfully before. Go for it!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    I would plan ahead. I do even though it is highly doubtful I would ever be able to travel like that.
    Phil, in the Batmobile, it should take you no time at all to get from Saskatchewan to Graceland!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

go for it if your able i have been to Mexico of all places Buffalo Vancouver Montreal and I going ti the Daytona 500 in A couple of weeks. i always fly with a mask on when we went Mexico my wife and I took our daughter son inlaw and grandaughter when we came home i was the only oneon the plane with a mask on and I was the only one who did not get sick in our family my dr has a game plan if I had a flare when i go somewhere.enjoy today who knows what tomorrow will bring good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michelle, I've been thinking about this and it all sounds great. However, I've been talking to a friend of Al Swanson's and we were discussing the fact that Al took two pretty much back-to-back trips not long before he got really sick and didn't recover. It sounded like that is kind of what you were planning, too. But that doesn't mean that I'm changing my mind about encouraging you to make the plans and go. I think the cruise to the Bahamas was probably what got Al, as cruise ships are notorious for harboring weird bugs.... and before that he went to bird camp, where people may have come from all over the world to participate. I'm sure you will take all precautions not to engage in risky behavior. Just be careful around all those Elvis fans, you don't know where they've been!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fully intend on going and would go tomorrow ....... if that elusive lotto win comes in

But it is two years away and this is what I was asked..........should people with your condition, be planning something that far ahead?
    What if I am no longer with my husband, for any type of unimaginable reason....well that wasn't really the question......the question was, what if, for whatever reason, you don't have a 30th wedding anniversary

I don't think it is that far ahead, but how far is too far?
    Would you plan ahead for something in 10 years time?
    Would you plan out your bucket list?

I, personally, plan on living forever.......which means I can plan as far ahead, as my little heart desires
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's the same for all of us, Wegs or not. Worrying about what might happen in the future is a bad reason not to plan something that your heart is really into.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go for both, relax in Hawaii and have a smashing time in Graceland. 2 years is perfect time to plan both the trip and plan of attack if you get a flare. Never say you can't, be prepared for the worst but enjoy every moment without thinking what if. I didn't go anywhere for about 2 to 3 years, when in my acute stage, but once the flares stabilized and I was put on mtx, watch out world. Have fun planning, it's simply the best time to pick and change itineraries. By the end of 2 years you will know every nook and cranny of Hawaii.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome. Keep that up!

I was hiking up a mountain one weekend and barely made it to the top - I looked like a zombie and felt like one too!

Turns out, there was no cell reception out there - and my doctors were trying to call me to warn me about a serious drop in my hemoglobin and some other things they found which were bad.

Oops!

Recently did Disney World. I can't run through the parks like I used to, but still had a blast.

I got back from Hawaii exactly one month before I got sick. Actually it was the same month. Glad I got to do that!

Our time here is too short regardless of whether or not we have a disease. Just do it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12