Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prednisone And Imuran Questions:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Phil, read with interest about that on here, I will talk to Rheumy about this on Friday. Can you outline a few benefits for me. Obvious one is not having to do the infusions at the hospital but more interested in the medical for and against.
    Thanks for raising this option sometimes we just go along with whatever, however to not have to go into the hospital ever again for infusions would lower my stress levels. Hate it with passion. Any alternatives to making life easier I'm in. I have a wonderful GP who is only 5 mins away, he will send his nurse or home visit as he has previously done if I cant make it to the consulting rooms. He has advised me to just email him if required and he always gets back to me. So back up around the corner. Local hospital wouldn't do the infusions difference of 45 min drive to 20 min one way for me , but apparently I started a some political debate that has resurfaced. In the future this will be available, but until that gets resolved I continue in the City with the infusions.

Cheers
    Col 23

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Phil again. Thought you deserved a special reply.
    How is the quarantine going?. Hope you have lots of interesting things to do and that your feeling much better.
    cheers Col23

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The big advantage of oral pred is that it works much better and way faster. If one if flaring bad then this is the way to go depending on how early the flare is caught and your history as well. But rtx is also the other big gun that is very effective.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HI Phil
    Did you mean Oral Chemo instead of oral pred? With the oral chemo (cyclophosamine )is that once a week on a lower dose?
    Col 23

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Col 23 View Post
    HI Phil
    Did you mean Oral Chemo instead of oral pred? With the oral chemo (cyclophosamine )is that once a week on a lower dose?
    Col 23
    No you usually take both oral CTX and pred meds daily for Weg treatment at whatever dosage the doctors recommend for you based on your weight and health history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12