Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Questions?

Hi- today I was doing some cleaning, scrubbing walls. My right hand swelled up but only under my index and middle fingers. It went away but there is still a little pocket of swelling under my index finger. My left hand has been cramping up disfiguring my hand so that my fingers are spread apart, kind of claw like. This happened when I was just resting. I see the doc in 2 weeks so I will ask him then. Just wondering if it could be related.
    Also anyone on Methotrexate experience hair thinning? My hair seems to be thinning? I have a lot of hair but I feel like I can see my scalp in parts.
    ?.....

Wishing everyone well!
    Live well.
    Victoria

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That swelling can very easily be related. I had similar swelling in my hands initially. When everything is controlled I don't get the hand pain (baring some when it is very cold).

And MTX can cause hair thining. I think half our drugs can. CTX had a bigger impact for me.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Victoriaitsnosecret;65559]Also anyone on Methotrexate experience hair thinning? My hair seems to be thinning? I have a lot of hair but I feel like I can see my scalp in parts.QUOTE]

Ya gotta love mtx!! LOL! Doc put me on it after my initial flare. Hair loss was evident within a few weeks. Doc tripled my dose of folic acid (from 1 to 3 tabs/day), within 2 weeks hair loss stopped, new hair actually started to grow, AND I had curly hair for about 3 months...was kind of cool for a 'straight haired' person!! LOL! As for cramping, I don't get it in my hands, but my legs & feet still cramp from time to time...it could be the WG, but I think it's more likely the drugs and shortages of potassium...eat bananas!!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I lost most of my hair during induction, but I was on ctx, not mtx. I think all of them can cause some loss.

I get cramps like that in my hands, but it happens when I am on high doses of prednisone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everyone for all your answers.
    Live well.
    Victoria

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i also have had cramps in my hands more so whern I am using my hands when putting stuff together with tools my hands cramp up a few hours later I am also on Methotrexate my DR told me to try sports drinks to balance out the electrolytes it has really hepled

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Kelly, sounds like you are doing well. Are you serious that your doctor told you to try sports drinks? Those are so unhealthy. Just seems odd to me.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Hi Kelly, sounds like you are doing well. Are you serious that your doctor told you to try sports drinks? Those are so unhealthy. Just seems odd to me.
    Have to agree.
    I can't have sports drinks, they blow my joints up - red, hot and swollen........they are bad news
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Well, sports drinks pale by comparison to, for example, pred, mtx, rtx...hmmmm, anything else to throw in there? I'm basically of the opinion that if it helps, then it's worth trying. Not being critical, just willing to adjust...
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably depends if you are talking sugared vs sugar free as well.
    ~ Bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast