Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pet Peeves

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have trouble telling people the exact conditions that I have.
    I don't want to sound like one of those people that is all like......woe is me
    I usually just say that I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and some other stuff.......but this then brings on the.......yeah, my hands hurt or; my feet are really sore today or; my knees are stuffed, sort of replies from the other person.
    I feel for each one of these people and I will never be a ......you don't know what pain is or; oh really, type of person.
    I have a lot more compassion for people and illnesses these days.

However, my main comment these days is ........I woke up this morning, and therefore, I am having a good day.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me, too, Michelle.... more compassion for any type of medical or other problems that people may have. So many of them are worse off than I. And no, they don't want to hear a list of symptoms; it goes in one ear and out the other. People do like to compare symptoms even if they have a totally different disease... it makes us feel more solidarity with each other and is way of saying "I understand" , even if they don't.

The main comment I find myself HAVING to make is "it's not a cold or anything contagious...." I have to say this at random times, in grocery stores, at the bank, in polite society, etc. and it does get a bit tiresome. But I feel it is important that they know that I'm not going to give TB, the flu, or something, to them, their kids, or their customers. Just have to trust that they will believe me....

Yes, each day that we wake up is usually a good day.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My saying is "I'm above ground", and any day you can sat that is good enough for me!
    "Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died." - Erma Bombeck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Anne
    Its the other way round they can give us infections but they don't want to hear that. How does everyone get around people wanting to hug
    and kiss you everytime you go to a party. Im still working on that one.....
    cheers Col23

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Col 23 View Post
    Hi Anne
    Its the other way round they can give us infections but they don't want to hear that. How does everyone get around people wanting to hug
    and kiss you everytime you go to a party. Im still working on that one.....
    cheers Col23
    I'm the same Col23. Being an office manager, everytime a visitor comes in to the office, they want to shake hands.......arghh, I really try not to cringe in front of them (who knows where their hands have been, I know that they have just touched the lift buttons, but what before that)

I show the person in to a meeting room, offer them a hot or cold drink and then go to my desk and use the hand sanitiser before returning.
    Then I have to do the handshake all over again when the person leaves.....arrghh.

I can also relate to them giving us infections. I wore a surgical mask on the flight over and back from Melbourne to the USA and thankfully did not pick up any bugs from those that were being coughed and sneezed around the cabin. Three family members got the flu.

I guess we just become a little "precious" and dilligent with our health
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I go to a hospital annex for my WG appts. and should remember to "steal" a few surgical masks. They seem to have them in dispensers all over the place.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I have the masks and hand santitizer and am diligent an obsessive about washing hands. With close friends and family I can get around
    reminding to wash thier hands after being to the shops and they are fully aware about not visiting when they have coughs and colds. however
    I feel like we need big signs or wear a tee shirt that says IMMUNE SUPPRESSED BACK OFF. Lol. Such a fine line and where does it all end. I need to hug my little grandchildren. We have games like blowing kisses and catching them or pretending the kiss was so strong it nearly bowled them over.

Mmm another thought off that topic but still on it in away. I am flaring at the moment, lots of pain in joints, occasional blurred vision and painful lower back pain. Using Ibrophen (inflammatory) and Panadeine Forte. Fatigued and more so with these meds. However bloods not showing a rise in inflammation. Possibly due to Cyclophosamine lowering these levels. However its probably another weird thingy with this illness. Its not all about what you see. Going in on Friday for another infusion of Cyclophosamine so will talk to Rheumy then.

Despite all this I had a great day and was very happy. I'm still learning to scale back plans for the day depending on how I feel and that's okay. Mind wants to do do, but body sadly dragging behind, then its mind over matter. I think that's exhausting enough.

PS the public hospitals don't mind giving masks if you ask, here at least anyway.

Happy days for all.
    cheers
    Col 23

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, the masks are available free here, too, in dispensers on the wall throughout the hospital. When I said "steal", I think I meant take a couple more than one, or do it at multiple locations. The mask bandit. Seriously, I would not do this a lot, although I imagine there may be people who do.

Will write more later, am in a hurry.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL. Take all the masks you need.Self protection!!!!!.
    Col23

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123