Thread: New Member - Hello Everyone

Natural Bridge Station, VA; Grandy, NC (OBX); formerly Fredericksburg, VA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shannonkop View Post
    Hi Kathy. Thanks for your post. It was great hearing from you. That is so cool that you have twins. Are they fraternal or identical? I forgot to mention that I am also a twin. I have a fraternal twin sister. So everyone was excited when I had twins myself. My twin has epilepsy but no wegeners. My other brothers and sisters are healthy. How do you like living in the outer banks? I would like to rent a beach house there someday.
    Hi Shannon. My twins are fraternal (one is 6'2" with light colored, straight hair; the other is 6'5" with dark, curly hair!). I have 7 brothers & sisters, but none of us are twins. My grandmother was a fraternal twin and my grandfather had twin sisters. The more recent twins born in the family were a niece (identical) and nephew (fraternal). LOTS of fun!!

We love the OBX although it's quite a change from Fredericksburg, VA. We had a 5-bedroom/3 bath house and now it's only 2 & 1. Perfect for housekeeping and we really can't host many people at one time unless we're outside! So that can be good AND bad since I'm such a social butterfly. We live on the Currituck Sound rather than the ocean so we are protected just a bit more. When I get a chance, I'll post a picture of what I look at each morning when I wake up. Sure makes us smile!! If you ever get to our area, please let me know!

KB
    KB -- "The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge". Bertrand Russell

Dx in September, 2011. Major involvement: kidneys and lungs. Medical implications: fungal pneumonia, drug-induced hepatitis, allergy to fungal meds, ear infections, sinusitis, gall bladder removal, vitreal detachment, and eye cellulitis. Medial meniscus removal (unrelated to WG). Medications: Rtx, Pred 5.0, Lisinopril, Chlorthalidone, Levothyroxin, Omeprazole.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Michelle - I love your picture of Kermit. Can't help but smile when you look at that gorgeous face! haha.

Kathy - sounds like you live a beautiful place. My husband and I talk about when we retire moving down south. My brother lives in Jacksonville and we have driven down there a few times. I'll let you know if we are stopping through some time

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michelle, as an aside, how are you handling the heat in Australia? I've seen alarming reports of excessively high temperatures there. Not to detract from Shannon's thread..... just curious!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Michelle, as an aside, how are you handling the heat in Australia? I've seen alarming reports of excessively high temperatures there. Not to detract from Shannon's thread..... just curious!
    The weather is kind of crazy at the moment.
    In Melbourne we can have 4 Seasons in one day, hot, cold, raining - we get it all.

We have had a few extreme heat days - Sydney had 45C (113F) the other day and then the next day rain.
    In Melbourne today we have 37C (98.6F) but tonight it will be very windy and cooler.
    It is an extreme fire warning day today. We have fires going on all around us and my daughter says the smoke in the air is making everyone worried (I can't smell it).
    I think instead of the burning sun heat that we have, I really need to go somewhere that is hot with 100% humidity........I'm sure that would fix the nose

I'm fine with the heat - we have airconditioning at work, the trains are a little warm but when I get home the air conditioner is on. All's good.
    The joints ache more when it is cold. Not sure how the joints would go in the cold temperatures that you have.
    Our minus 1C is a 30.2F for you and thats about as low as Melbourne temperatures get in the morning (average).
    Don't know what snow would do to the joints either.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Michelle,

Trust me, you don't want to know how cold and snow might affect you. We had about 3 cm (1 inch) of snow overnight. The current temp is about -10 C (12 F). Can't wait until spring gets here!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Hey Michelle,

Trust me, you don't want to know how cold and snow might affect you. We had about 3 cm (1 inch) of snow overnight. The current temp is about -10 C (12 F). Can't wait until spring gets here!
    I don't want to know, either. The Pacific Northwest does not get that kind of weather, although the eastern half of Washington is WAY colder than the west, and can fall below zero. But nothing like the midwest. (Not that we never get snow or ice, and occasionally it goes beyond being "fun".)
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Hey Michelle,

We are waiting for it to warm up to that degree. We hit zero F yesterday so relief is on the way. Was minus 11 F this morning without any wind chill factor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    We are waiting for it to warm up to that degree. We hit zero F yesterday so relief is on the way. Was minus 11 F this morning without any wind chill factor.

Arrggh, zero F is minus 17 C

Never heard of in Melbourne and I'm not sure it would get to that in Canberra (where Andrew is) or in our snowy mountains......WoW

Pete, you are so correct, I don't want to know
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12