Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dacrocystorhinostomy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dacrocystorhinostomy

Ok doctor is going to set me up to do the DCR has anyone had this done before and how long do you have to be out of work? Is it painful?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had it done to my left eye. I don't remember any pain that was substantial and was fairly active the next day. Just one day to do the surgery. I did have a patch over my left eye for a day or two afterwards. My tube ripped a larger hole and that felt a bit irritated for a while afterwards but seemed to heal up nice and quick. It stayed open for a few weeks but closed up again. I doubt I will have the surgery again on either eye.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mama, I'm not familiar with that big word, but I wish you all the luck in the world with it, and minimal pain or impact on your life.

I have to ask, is that a picture of you (and your daughter) with your new nose? If so, it is beautiful, and we should all be so lucky as to have such a good looking nose! I'm so glad that went well for you. And your daughter is beautiful, too.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes that is my new nose and my daughter. and it is a tube replacement for my eyes that continuesly water. it drives me abosolutly crazy.

Natural Bridge Station, VA; Grandy, NC (OBX); formerly Fredericksburg, VA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mama -- I will have to look it up, too! Fortunately, I have had no issues with my eyes. Anything you can share is good for us all to learn! Wishing you a positive outcome to your surgery! Annekat is right about your picture ... beautiful ladies!!

KB
    KB -- "The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge". Bertrand Russell

Dx in September, 2011. Major involvement: kidneys and lungs. Medical implications: fungal pneumonia, drug-induced hepatitis, allergy to fungal meds, ear infections, sinusitis, gall bladder removal, vitreal detachment, and eye cellulitis. Medial meniscus removal (unrelated to WG). Medications: Rtx, Pred 5.0, Lisinopril, Chlorthalidone, Levothyroxin, Omeprazole.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope everything goes smoothly for you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mama2005 View Post
    yes that is my new nose and my daughter. and it is a tube replacement for my eyes that continuesly water. it drives me abosolutly crazy.
    Lovely photo - lovely girls and what a cute nose, the doctor did an amazing job. Is it similar to the nose that you once knew?
    I hope you are now getting out of the house and letting the world enjoy what you have to give

By the sounds of it, this DCR doesn't seem so bad - best of wishes for a speedy recovery
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had one done about 20 years ago. I remember that it was painful in the recovery room. The anaesthesia made me sick. They said the bone in my face was thicker and denser than what they expected due to years of Wg scarring. I wish they had treated me better in recovery. I had no family there to watch out for me. Have someone there to make sure you get good treatment.
    Now that I've made it sound scary- it shouldn't. I've had surgeries of other types in recent times and they have made great strides in anaesthesia. Another striking thing about the procedure was that after that first day of not feeling well I never had even the slightest twinge of pain during the entire recovery. I'm not sure how it will impact your return to work. It depends a little I think on the type of work you do.
    If it were me , I would try and take it easy and not go back to work right away. Allow a little time and you can always go back early and be a hero.
    Also I have been very impressed that the surgery has held up through all these additional years of WG problems. It seems the job they do is better than what nature originally supplied me with. You will be so happy not to have problems with your eye again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mishb my daughter is a exact replica of me so yes my nose looks very similar to what i had. my daughter who is almost 8 says that she is so glad to look like her mom agian. I am out doing lots more then I use to.
    thanks me2 I will definatly have someone with me for the surgery its a 3 hour drive home from the place of surgery so I tend to make my guy go with. I am always worried about work and shouldnt but I do. thanks guys.