Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Flashes?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hot Flashes?

I have began getting hot flashes the last week is this common with WG? I am not having any other symptoms other then headaches and hot flashes wondering if this is WG or something else any advise? thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a common sign of active disease.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the side effects of some medications for WG is early menopause. I have hot flushes all the time now and blood test confirm that i have been through menopause. Also headaches can also occur more frequently with menopse too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am hoping not menopause I still want another child in the future...and hoping not wg either. I am heading to the doctors in the am to see whats going on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hormone levels are being tested and thyroid came back now as hypothyroid not sure if Wg is a factor to this or not we will know what the hormone tests say later.

Natural Bridge Station, VA; Grandy, NC (OBX); formerly Fredericksburg, VA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi mama. I understood prednisone could causes flashes. Mine were more intense/frequent the higher the dose. But I still get them almost every day. My face turns BEET red hot and it flows down through my neck and chest. Then it's gone in a few minutes. I think anxiety is part of the problem. I've been through menopause already (I'm 56) and think it may have a little something to do with it, too. I've had hypothyroidism for over 30 years and was diagnosed after the birth of my first child. Of course, the thyroid hormone (or lack thereof) does crazy things to the body. Are you going to start meds soon?

KB
    KB -- "The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge". Bertrand Russell

Dx in September, 2011. Major involvement: kidneys and lungs. Medical implications: fungal pneumonia, drug-induced hepatitis, allergy to fungal meds, ear infections, sinusitis, gall bladder removal, vitreal detachment, and eye cellulitis. Medial meniscus removal (unrelated to WG). Medications: Rtx, Pred 5.0, Lisinopril, Chlorthalidone, Levothyroxin, Omeprazole.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes my doctor is going to see me next week and start me on meds for this. I have not been on pred for awhile so the hot flashes cant be med related that was what I thought at first but doc said it would have been out of my system by now. I will get my hormone results back next week to. I have only had rituxan so I shouldnt be going through menopause and I am only 26 so I am hoping its not the cause. we will see next week will keep all posted

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mama2005 View Post
    yes my doctor is going to see me next week and start me on meds for this. I have not been on pred for awhile so the hot flashes cant be med related that was what I thought at first but doc said it would have been out of my system by now. I will get my hormone results back next week to. I have only had rituxan so I shouldnt be going through menopause and I am only 26 so I am hoping its not the cause. we will see next week will keep all posted
    No, hopefully it will be a least another 25 years before you have to go through menopause..... I do hope it's not a WG flare. Best wishes to you.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm on Pred and Cyclophosamine and I'm always getting abnormally hot and flushed. My face and neck get very red at times and I abnormally sweat. I cant stand the heat anymore and the air conditioner is always on to the coldest. Docs say its the Meds.
    Col 23
    Last edited by Col 23; 02-01-2013 at 04:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm on Cytoxan/Pred/bactrim and I have the red face too. As if my cheeks getting fatter wasn't bad enough, now the fat cheeks stay red. It's so uncomfortable at times and I constantly have wet hair around my neck. It's so attractive...NOT. Oh the joys of our concoctions.

Mama- I hope they get you straightened out soon.
    "Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died." - Erma Bombeck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast