Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Predinisone reductions

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck to all that are tapering and almost off preds. I'm down to 12.5mgs this wk and the dr. wants me to do that for 3wks and then go down to 10mgs for 3wks and let her know how I do. With the tapering I have already done my sed rate is climing up again. Go Buckeyes!
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been tapering from 5mg and need to be at 2.5mg by June. Have done .5mg a month and am now stuck at 3mg

Even though I feel okay, (maybe slightly more achey), my potassium is down, kidney function reducing and CRP is elevated more than usual.
    I thought the hospital would have called me about it but they didn't, so obviously they are not as worried about it as my GP is.
    My GP advised to just stay at the 3mg for another month and then see if the bloods stablise or not.

I can hold at 3mg since I still have a few months to go and only .5mg until 2.5

Good luck for the final taper Pete and Bob
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking the weird symptoms I had a few weeks ago (feeling almost drunk and dizzy) was the Adrenals kicking back in. I haven't had any further issues and the taper has improved. Crossing my fingers

I have an appointment in Cleveland on Thursday so hoping for the best
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After several false dawns, when I reduce the pred now, I only drop if/when I feel good with the current level. That could be two weeks or two months but then only 1mg at a time (15mg downwards)

I can't say this approach works as I'm still taking the dam stuff but this way I can live well. Lowest I've been is 5mg but currently on 7.mg
    Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.
    Jim Carrey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not how much you're taking, it's how well you feel!! Good luck!
    Last edited by Pete; 03-27-2013 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Omitted a word.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been mostly at 20 since my little flare, tried to drop a bit, went back to 20 because stress got the better of me! Now, going to try a drop again.....15 today, 20 tomorrow, 15 the next day, alternating like that for an average of 17.5mg/day. That's the plan.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doctor appointment went well. Very short as not much to talk about, which is good. Only bummer is she doesn't want me ever drug free as I flared multiple times and she says its not worth the risk. So immuran and I look to be long term friends.

lol not sure why I put this in the pred reduction thread.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only bummer is she doesn't want me ever drug free as I flared multiple times and she says its not worth the risk. So immuran and I look to be long term friends.

Im in the same boat,would rather be safe than sorry. Like you I have had multiple relapes Managed to get down to 5mg preds. but anything lower my body throws a wobbly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DEE View Post
    Only bummer is she doesn't want me ever drug free as I flared multiple times and she says its not worth the risk. So immuran and I look to be long term friends.

Im in the same boat,would rather be safe than sorry. Like you I have had multiple relapes Managed to get down to 5mg preds. but anything lower my body throws a wobbly
    This is so good to know in advance, as one who has not yet gotten below 10mg. pred. Still on increased pred and MTX from a recent flare. Feel safer not trying to cut the drugs too fast. But would like to get down way lower on the pred eventually, and it helps to hear others' experience. Plus I hope my doc knows what he is doing with the lower dose tapering and will listen to me about it's working for me.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Luckily have doctors that listen to me ,they know I know my body best and cant really on my blood results which I have done monthly still.
    Had to work down from 60mg taken in dec 2012 for major flare.
    Took a while but realised preds work better for me if I take half first thing am and then the rest mid pm and not to worry about any increases that might happened along the line.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast