Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dr. Rosenbaum at Casey Eye Institute in Portland - saw him last week

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My speculation about what high school the doctor may have gone to was WAY LESS relevant to the theme of the post than anything that ArlaMo said, and nobody jumped all over me for that. I am behind ArlaMo on this.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ArlaMo,

I took offense about you mentioning the doctor's religion not for the reasons you think. The rules for posting on this website state and I quote (You can look them up as I did) "So, for the sake of the future harmony of this wonderful group of people, the following topics are hereinafter banned from discussion:"
    "Politics (all forms of)"
    "Religion (all forms of)"

I rest my case.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beeinformed:

There is nothing that a normal person would take offense too in this whole thread. NOTHING. So just drop it or take a pill.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Phil. There was nothing referencing anyone's practice of or faith in a religion. Part of the "theme" of the original post was regarding the WG/GPA name change. The doctor's last name was simply a reminder that due to events in history, he MAY have even a greater interest than many others in the reasons for that name change. Yet he could maintain a sense of humor about it, which is to his credit and implies his good character and ability to relate well to his patients. These are some of the qualities, beyond professional expertise in a field, that make a good doctor.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

beeinformed - I'm sorry you decided to take offense at my post. I cannot control your reactions or your assigning intentions to my post that I never intended. I wasn't even thinking about religion nor did I discuss religion in any way. It was simply an aha moment as I was typing that his name *might* be Jewish (NOT the religion, simply the possibility of an ethnic Jewish name) and that it *might* explain why he took issue (in a humorous way) with me using the term "Wegeners" during my visit on more than one occasion.

I didn't mention the doctor's religion, as I have no idea what it is, nor would I have any reason to ask or to know it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OooooKay everyone, back to the Casey Eye thingy!? Much more interested in that...struggles to keep from biting lip...
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He sounds like a good find to have some one knowledgeable about Wegs (or GPA if he wishes) who is also an expert on eyes and how Wegs may affect the eyes. Therefore he should be on the list of good resources for those in that area. Help in finding doctors skilled in treating our problems is a great service this forum can provide. Now we are back on topic, right and no need for a Putin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks drz and Don - back to the topic at hand.

Dr. Rosenbaum was very quick to follow up with all my other docs. I saw him on a Wednesday afternoon and had an appointment with my local internist on Friday morning. Dr. R had sent all his notes and recommendations to my doc by Thursday. Very efficient - which I think can often be key in the rapidly changing GPA/Wegs patient.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He sounds absolutely great. I haven't researched enough in my area yet, and he would be about an hour and a half drive, but sounds like he would be worth the drive for any eye issues I might have whether related to GPA or not. OK, I may now be ready to start calling it GPA!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12