Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alive Day

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Alive Day

Today I was reading an article about how many wounded military veterans celebrate the anniversary of their "Alive Day," which is the day they were wounded. I thought it was such a wonderful way to transform pain and suffering. It lifted my heart and from now on I'm going to celebrate June 26 as my Alive Day. I was quite near death on that, my diagnosis day. Every year I dread June 26 coming around, because it adds to the tally of years that I've been disabled by Wegs, not able to work and living a life that is not what I imagined. It's just been a very painful date, every time. But hey, I might even have a party when it rolls around this year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds good Sangye, my alive date is 19th of March.
    Maybe i can have a party too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

August 14, 2009

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good idea Sangye!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    It's just been a very painful date, every time. But hey, I might even have a party when it rolls around this year.
    Mine is Aug. 14th, I went back to hospital one year later to 'thank' the people who took care of me. Many were off shift or switched, but I found a couple of nurses who remembered me...made quite an impression on me...and helped deal with some images...even went back to ICU room, just as I 'remembered' it...it was all very cathartic, slightly painful, mostly inspiring to be alive at all...so party time? probably not, but certainly a day to remember even if I really don't remember it at all!! LOL!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just wasn't as bad off as some of you and was only in the hospital overnight. But that's where a smart internist thought I might have Wegs and got me on the road to dx and treatment. And I could have quickly been in a lot more grave danger otherwise. So I guess I'll have to say March 31st, 2011.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

January 12, 2011, for me. I had both a bronchoscopy and a sinus biopsy. I told the two docs doing the procedures that I would buy the one who got the sample that led to a diagnosis that I would buy him a steak dinner. The ENT doc did, and I bought him a nice dinner. I was in hospital for a week, but I was totally ignorant of how sick I was and how serious wegs could be.

On my first night in hospital (I was in for a week.), I got a heparin shot in my belly to prevent DVT. The day nurse told me that if I didn't want another shot, I'd better start walking up and down the hallway at least three times a day. I'm especially grateful to that nurse!!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a terrific idea Sangye..........and who knows, you may feel a whole lot better on your "Alive Day"

We can all party for you

My "Alive Day" would then be August 14, 2010, although, whenever someone asks me how I am feeling, my reply is......today I woke up, and therefore I am alive
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL Sometimes when people ask me how I'm feeling I say "I made it to alive today!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish we all lived closer together so we could party together...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast