Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Alive Day

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by carriej22 View Post
    I wish we all lived closer together so we could party together...
    That would be great! We can sort of do "virtual" partying, I guess.... or maybe we could start an intentional community of Weggies! Where, would be the question.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not even sure what my Alive day is for Wegs. Sometime around April 27 to May 3 of 2003 I think. I was so out of it from the pain meds that I don't remember much those days.

I do know that my Alive day for M. Abscessus is August 18 of 2010. That is the day the susceptibility results came back.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    maybe we could start an intentional community of Weggies! Where, would be the question.
    Since those on here are computer literate for the most part, how about a virtual community, such as 2nd Life or such. There one can be a member for free, participate in the entire community yet have our own little island or such...to be a part of...it's really kind of neat and scary at the same time if one has never done a virtual community before. Just a thought.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    Since those on here are computer literate for the most part, how about a virtual community, such as 2nd Life or such. There one can be a member for free, participate in the entire community yet have our own little island or such...to be a part of...it's really kind of neat and scary at the same time if one has never done a virtual community before. Just a thought.
    Sounds cool, Don, but not too sure how that is different from what we have..... obviously "virtual communities" are unfamiliar to me and I'll have to google them and 2nd Life. I guess the "islands" part would be something different, for one....
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Sounds cool, Don, but not too sure how that is different from what we have..... obviously "virtual communities" are unfamiliar to me and I'll have to google them and 2nd Life. I guess the "islands" part would be something different, for one....
    They are simply virtual games, if you will, that allow the user to create and communicate thru an avatar. The communities themselves can be/are managed by other people who 'lease' the server...we 'rent' from them. But one does not have to pay to be 'in world', just if one uses the 'land' and other things...you'll have to see it. Mostly, it's a 'visual' that allows one to 'see' who they are communicating with also. Otherwise, they are just 'blogs' like this in which people can create, interact, and learn...they are interesting at best, but they do allow that visual that 'we' lack here. It's also quite easy to leave messages, create WG ads, and so on...a virtual economy if you will, but you don't have to pay if you don't like, just go in and participate. I doubt if it would go over very well with people on here, but it's easy and fun too. Go to Secondlife.com to get an idea...
    Last edited by Dirty Don; 01-08-2013 at 08:04 AM.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    They are simply virtual games, if you will, that allow the user to create and communicate thru an avatar. The communities themselves can be/are managed by other people who 'lease' the server...we 'rent' from them. But one does not have to pay to be 'in world', just if one uses the 'land' and other things...you'll have to see it. Mostly, it's a 'visual' that allows one to 'see' who they are communicating with also. Otherwise, they are just 'blogs' like this in which people can create, interact, and learn...they are interesting at best, but they do allow that visual that 'we' lack here. It's also quite easy to leave messages, create WG ads, and so on...a virtual economy if you will, but you don't have to pay if you don't like, just go in and participate. I doubt if it would go over very well with people on here, but it's easy and fun too. Go to Secondlife.com to get an idea...
    Thanks for the explanation, Don.... I went there briefly and couldn't tell much, but need to investigate further. Or maybe not; I think I spend too much time on the computer already!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Celebrating" four years of knowing I have GPA/Wegener's today. I'm grateful to all of you who share your experiences and lift each other up. I hope that researchers soon discover what causes our dumb disease so they can find a cure.

Good luck and better health to all! ��
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    "Celebrating" four years of knowing I have GPA/Wegener's today. I'm grateful to all of you who share your experiences and lift each other up. I hope that researchers soon discover what causes our dumb disease so they can find a cure.

Good luck and better health to all! ��
    Happy Alive Day Pete!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy Alive Day, Pete !
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Not even sure what my Alive day is for Wegs. Sometime around April 27 to May 3 of 2003 I think. I was so out of it from the pain meds that I don't remember much those days.

I do know that my Alive day for M. Abscessus is August 18 of 2010. That is the day the susceptibility results came back.
    what can I say ? tears....
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast