Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My next adventure

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andrew,

Congrats to you on planning such an amazing holiday! We here in the states don't usually get a holiday,(or long retreat), do to employers regulations on time off. I hope that you can make arrangements with some wegs along the way.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    I want to come to London now.
    Phil, do you think we could handle the long flight? I think London England would be nice trip too. But London Ontario is probably more doable for us?
    Last edited by drz; 12-29-2012 at 07:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andrew - How exciting (I don't quite feel up to such a long journey yet). I am not a million miles from London so may be able to join the 'celebrations'. Please keep us appraised of dates etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I could handle the long flight as long as I could use my nebulizing machine or bring lots of saline water for the nose to keep it moist.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am also going to Europe. We are going in June,for 21 wonderfull days, 14 day river cruise and 3 nights in Prague and Paris. This is my once in a life time trip(saving for 8 years) So looking forward to it. Only one concern is Travel insurance, anyone from Australia suggest a company who will take on us Weggies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if you have a 'brand' of Virgin Insurance in Australia but they covered me for a very reasonable price when I recently travelled to France from the UK.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jeniban View Post
    I am also going to Europe. We are going in June,for 21 wonderfull days, 14 day river cruise and 3 nights in Prague and Paris. This is my once in a life time trip(saving for 8 years) So looking forward to it. Only one concern is Travel insurance, anyone from Australia suggest a company who will take on us Weggies

Jen, I have just been to the USA and was totally covered.

Go on to the Australia Post website and look for travel insurance. It is Underwritten through Great Lakes Australia and is very economical and easy to purchase and it covers for most pre-existing conditions. You enter your condition and it will tell you if you are automatically covered or if you have to pay extra to be covered. I paid about $70 extra and it was still cheaper than other covers. Don't purchase any from your travel agent.

I did my research before purchasing any and this one was excellent. I only looked at ones for the USA though but the UK should be a lot easier.
    Australia have a health treaty with UK which should keep the price down.

.......you are both making me want to travel again.
    We have already spoken about our next trip being to UK for Wimbledon......only so we can see Cliff Richard singing, when it rains
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Andrew,

We live about an hour out of London and would love to meet up with you when you come over in May. I have to hold my hand up and apologise because we flew over you in November on our way to Perth, W.A - Just couldnt make the connections to break our journey so would love to meet up and offer you that beer I promised some time ago!!

Today is the first time in months I have been able to log on so please email me your dates as I cannot always log on.

Hope you travel as well as I did. I wore a mask on every plane journey and washed my hands like Howard Hughes!! still it paid off.

Good Luck with the planning and a very Happy New Year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks pwc51 and mishb your hints will save me a lot of time searching.mishb hope you can enjoy your to wimbledon trip. Are you going to see Cliff Richard when he is in Australia this year?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    Go on to the Australia Post website and look for travel insurance. It is Underwritten through Great Lakes Australia and is very economical and easy to purchase and it covers for most pre-existing conditions. You enter your condition and it will tell you if you are automatically covered or if you have to pay extra to be covered. I paid about $70 extra and it was still cheaper than other covers. Don't purchase any from your travel agent.
    Nice tip thanks from me too!! I haven't got my insurance yet so will take a look.

I'll make some more formal meet-up arrangements closer to the time but it looks like we could get a few of us together which would be great.
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast