Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Been Missing in Action for a while, just giving you all an update

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Been Missing in Action for a while, just giving you all an update

There's been alot of things going on with alot of you all in the last few months,some good,some not so good. When I last had time to read many of the posts was when Al pasted away,which really sent me into a shock and depression and I couldn't bring myself to check in. At that time I was with my mom at a hospital as her male companion was dying from complications of vasculitis. Two weeks after he pasted, they found a mass in my mom's lung that was the size of an orange. Well she came thru the surgery very well, it was benign,we were very blessed. Myself, I've had to put my health on the back burner during all this and am in a pretty bad flare now. I should have had my second round of rtx infusions in Sept,but didn't and it caught up with me. I have spent the last 3months in misery with sed rates ranging from 68-88 and in a great deal of pain. I had an appt with CC for a CT of the lungs and a Rheumy visit and there was new growth in my lungs. The stress and also the trying to taper preds didn't help any, I was down to 10mg per day and proud of it,but now had to increase to 30mg again and also had my second set of rtx infusions scheduled on 12/17 the next will be 12/31. Of course that took me down last week for about 4days,even with the sol-medrol,benydrl and tylenol. I did manage to have a wonderful Christmas Eve with the family and I had some very good news in the last part of Nov, my disability got approved ( even though I was so sick,somehow I completed the paperwork myself),so right now life seems to be looking up! Thanks for listening!
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jana, I hope things start to settle down for you now and that 2013 shows an improvement and we will soon see a new you.

I'm glad you had a lovely Christmas and so happy your disability got approved.

Take it easy during this holiday period and we would love to hear from you, some more
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats on the good news. Glad the other tough stuff is mostly behind you now and hopefully things will get somewhat better soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so sorry to hear about your flare and your family's troubles, Jana. I hope the rtx puts the Wegs dog to sleep quickly. Take good care of yourself!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jana, I'm sorry you and your family have to go through this. Hopefully the 2013 will be better!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks to all for the well wishes! I hope I will be able to keep in touch with all of you , from now on.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Great to see you finished the year with some good news!! Hope it only gets better for you from here.
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.