User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Foot pain (arch)

Val1227 Guest

Default Foot pain (arch)

Hi, I was diagnosed in Sept 2011. Does anyone have foot pain that appeared out of the blue? pain in the arch, like plantar fasciatis but without heel pain. It is so strange, I did not injure my foot at all -- it's so hard to walk...does anyone know if this could be related to WG? Thanks, Valerie (I'm on MTX, low-dose Pred, Plaquenil). My last ANCAs test was 65,higher than ever, which could or could not mean something

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can only remember heel pain on my right foot.....sorry.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Val1227 View Post
    Hi, I was diagnosed in Sept 2011. Does anyone have foot pain that appeared out of the blue? pain in the arch, like plantar fasciatis but without heel pain. It is so strange, I did not injure my foot at all -- it's so hard to walk...does anyone know if this could be related to WG? Thanks, Valerie (I'm on MTX, low-dose Pred, Plaquenil). My last ANCAs test was 65,higher than ever, which could or could not mean something
    I had lots of feet pain before my diagnosis and treatment of Wegs. They treated it as plantar fasciitis but their treatment for that didn't help much. Funny thing is all the symptoms seemed to disappear after they started treatment for Wegs.

My ANCA scores and other lab work has so far correlated with my symptoms pretty closely so for me higher ANCA scores and a new pain like that would be significant and cause my doctors some concern too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had heel pain due to Wegs and when the Wegs was severely active, I had excruciating foot pain. It felt like I was walking on my bones.

You can have plantar fascitis without heel pain. Your doc needs to rule out Wegs first and get it dx'ed correctly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have it but could this be neuropathy?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JeanMarie View Post
    I don't have it but could this be neuropathy?
    I have significant neuropathy and have had it for years and mine never felt like what is described above and my foot pain went away after the Wegs was treated. My neuropathy still remains and does cause some pains from time to time but it is a different kind of pain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I had sudden, unexpected arch pain and other intense foot pain during the period before and after diagnosis. I also have bunions, which run in my family, and can attribute some of the pain to that. But there have been really unusual pains, along with neuropathy, which for me has been more of a severe numbness and tingling, along with some cramping. All of this has improved over time since the beginning of my treatment. So yes, though it may not be the only cause, I'd say it is likely to be Wegs related, given the experiences of others related above.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like others here had intense foot pain that eventually lead to diagnosis. Once treated it completely went away, except that I am left with residual weakness in my left ankle due to a limp I acquired while dealing with the pain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About 6 months into my illness, I developed foot pain, it wasn't only when I walked but also standing or sitting, even lying down. So much that I went to emergency, where I was misdiagnosed again (what a surprise) all they said was that this was due to my taking 15mg of steroids at the time and sent me home. I lost the use of my left foot a few days later which
    resulted in dropped foot, loss of arch and shifting of bones. DO NOT WAIT, insist that they treat it as quickly as possible.
    i just had a subtallar fusion operation after 6 years of walking with a cane and in terrible pain. Insist that all is done to diagnose the pain. Good luck.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is your foot feeling after the surgery, Jolanta?