Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Saying "hello" it's been a while

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Saying "hello" it's been a while

Hello to everyone! I haven't been around for a while and fortunately that seems to have a direct link to doing better. I looked back at some of the things I had wrote before and how I didn't know if I would ever been able to except a new normal but with time that has finally come. I continue to battle Wegs but many things in my body have returned to normal. My creatinine levels have returned to normal with a small amount of protein only showing in my urine, my lungs are normal with no signs of Wegner's, and my sinuses are doing well. I still suffer from joint pain but it has decreased greatly. My Sed Rate is slowly going down. I started this battle being off the charts over 99 but I am now at 41 for my Sed rate and for me that is amazing.

I've learned I don't move as fast as I use too. I don't think as sharply as I once did. I don't see as well as I once did but I am so very happy to be where I am right now. I cherish moments so much more.

I continue to take 2.5 on the Pred and at last I am loosing some weight. I still take imuran and methotrexate. I had four treatments of Rituxin over the last 2 years every 6 months and now we are stopping.

I wish everyone continued improvements!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad to hear things are going well for you Kathie.

An overall improvement in symptoms and also reduced joint pain, is certainly reason to celebrate with a happy dance

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas ....... and enjoy the new you
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Kathie, I'm glad that your life is slowly getting back to some sort of normal, especially the reduction of joint pain. I hope and wish that you, as well as everyone else, will get better and better and that the WG dog will stay in his cage.

I wish you a very merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Rudi K

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to hear that it's looking up for you. I hope you continue to get better. That's hope for us all!
    "Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died." - Erma Bombeck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kathie28, I am glad you have gotten a handle on the new you, and it's tru, once we go over that pain hurdle and back to our busy lives, we don't need as much support. And that is ok, that is what we all wish for. I too seldom write anymore but I read and a day doesn't go by when I don't think of you all. When sky's darken I run for my weg friends umbrella and breathe sigh of relief that I have these great friends -family to run to.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations on doing so well, Kathie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kathie,

I glad that things are looking up for you now. Stay well!
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!