Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone been to China?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, wine is very safe to drink....lol. Chinese food is probably the healthiest food to eat so that makes sense. I wonder why Marta's nose was good with all the smog. Any ideas?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Yes, wine is very safe to drink....lol. Chinese food is probably the healthiest food to eat so that makes sense. I wonder why Marta's nose was good with all the smog. Any ideas?
    Maybe the toxic chemicals scrubbed out the Weg damage or plugged up the inflammation areas. Good question for her Wegs doctor as to why she felt better there, isn't it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marta,Glad u r back and had a great time with no problems.I did see on the evening news one night of the fog they had there,it was horrible. But good to hear all went well ( in all ways !!!)...it was probably all that wine !!
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow Marta, I'm so glad you had such a wonderful trip. I have loved the two times I have been to China and one of those trips was horrific- at least as a Weggie.I suffered brain damage and came back in a wheel chair. And yet even the bad trip was a life changing wonderful event. I figure I would have been sick somewhere, why not someplace I find enchanting?
    I want to go back but the pollution is something I worry about . Thank you for sharing your counter-intuitive experience of this.
    I made a friend in Beijing and went to a Beijing ''hospital" with him . Talk about an eye opener. It permantally changed the way I look at health care. We are very lucky- even as Weggies.
    I love China , and I hope there is more you can share about your experience. Welcome back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=pberggren1;65358]Yes, wine is very safe to drink....lol. Chinese food is probably the healthiest food to eat so that makes sense. I wonder why Marta's nose was good with all the smog. Any ideas?[/
    Great question Dr Phil. I know the second time I was in China my sinuses felt very bad the first day and then seemed to adjust. I don't know why. I then spent an entire week all over Beijing and surrounding areas functioning pretty well. It surprised me. I thought that my initial bad response would persist but it didn't. I was not in great shape at the time. I was still a sick Weggie , partially in denial.
    In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have even traveled there in my condition- but I had a mission. (There was a hospital I wanted to visit and talk about Weg.)
    Then I met some nice people and it turned into a wonderful vacation. I can't really explain it- like Marta says, it goes beyond words.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just thought that I'd put all (most) of my China photos somewhere organized, and now that I've done it, anyone can see it.

So thanks for all your advice and support and here's my little China trip with my daughter's moose taking her place.
    Marmot Moose Goes To China | … a trip to build friendships and explore a brand new world
    Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marta View Post
    Just thought that I'd put all (most) of my China photos somewhere organized, and now that I've done it, anyone can see it.

So thanks for all your advice and support and here's my little China trip with my daughter's moose taking her place.
    Marmot Moose Goes To China | … a trip to build friendships and explore a brand new world
    Enjoy!
    Great slide show and documentation of your trip. Well down. St. Paul Minnesota used to be the Ice Sculptor capital for the USA in their winter festival but the Chinese ones looked outstanding. Looks like a real amazing first class trip you enjoyed. Glad you shared it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marta View Post

Enjoy!
    I'd be careful of that little moose, Marta, he appears to want to being in every photo........steals your bed, photo bombing shots and not being careful around strangers.

Hehe - excellent job with putting it all together.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of China, there was just an earthquake there.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123