User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP 6 year old with lose tooth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default HELP 6 year old with lose tooth.

Help my 6 year old daughter has her first.lose.tooth. But she will not go to dentist, wiggle it, or let me pull it. Any ideas on what to do with her?
    "My daughter is closer to me than my skin.. she is the arteries to my heart.. she is my life line.. The reason I breathe.."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't worry. It will get looser and will come out with little assistance from her or you. The more important question is what the local Tooth Fairy will pay for teeth found under her pillow?
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's funny you bring that up, my 6 year old boy has his first loose tooth! I agree with Pete, it will get looser and looser and eventually fall out She won't go to the dentist? Has she ever gone? I took my son when he was around 2. He loves it because he gets a prize when finished.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree

The very first one is always a big deal though, but just leave it be..........you will find that she will be tempted to wiggle it and it will eventually come out.
    The first of many

Yes, what does the Tooth Fairy bring?
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    That's funny you bring that up, my 6 year old boy has his first loose tooth! I agree with Pete, it will get looser and looser and eventually fall out She won't go to the dentist? Has she ever gone? I took my son when he was around 2. He loves it because he gets a prize when finished.
    o yeah shes been allot to the dentist not that she has bad teeth. i just started her going with first tooth to get used to going. she has had one cavity and had it fixed. shes a angel for him she is just being weird with this every time it bleeds she freaks. the other tooth is out of gums behind the old.
    "My daughter is closer to me than my skin.. she is the arteries to my heart.. she is my life line.. The reason I breathe.."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm i dont know what to do about the tooth fairy. i made a pink tooth bag. but i really dont wanna do money every bit of change or bills she gets she puts it in her many piggy banks then it goes in her savings. so i wanna do something she can enjoy now. if i give money and tell her its o to spend she still puts it in bank she is saving all on her own for a year to go to disney world. she has saved 600 in about a year. I am not complaining at all i love shes a saver but she needs to lve some in moment and spend a little on herself now. about half the money she earned for allowance and such but the other she has found on ground change, she earns from fam, and she can talk almost anyone out of there change.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alexciasmom View Post
    hmm i dont know what to do about the tooth fairy. i made a pink tooth bag. but i really dont wanna do money every bit of change or bills she gets she puts it in her many piggy banks then it goes in her savings. so i wanna do something she can enjoy now. if i give money and tell her its o to spend she still puts it in bank she is saving all on her own for a year to go to disney world. she has saved 600 in about a year. I am not complaining at all i love shes a saver but she needs to lve some in moment and spend a little on herself now. about half the money she earned for allowance and such but the other she has found on ground change, she earns from fam, and she can talk almost anyone out of there change.
    How about a gift certificate with expiration date?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's great that she's a natural saver. Maybe just get her a small toy for losing her tooth?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"..o yeah shes been allot to the dentist not that she has bad teeth. i just started her going with first tooth to get used to going. she has had one cavity and had it fixed. shes a angel for him she is just being weird with this every time it bleeds she freaks. the other tooth is out of gums behind the old."

Hi Alex's Mom...I am in dentistry and just saw this post. The eruption of the permanent tooth ('out of the gums behind the old') might be a problem. Normally, the incoming permanent tooth is what causes the root of the 'baby' deciduous tooth to resorb or dissolve. The deciduous tooth then becomes loose and and the permanent tooth erupts into its former place. If the erupting permanent tooth is 'out of line' it may be that only part or none of the baby root has resorbed. It may need a little help from your dentist.

Do your best to reassure her that a little blood in this situation is normal and that she is becoming a big girl now, with big teeth. A 'pedodontist' has many skills to help kids have positive dental experiences. Many general dentists also have some kid friendly tricks up thier sleeves. What ever you do, don't lie to her about any dental visit. If she has an older friend that can go with her on that visit, it may help her confidence.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Palmyra View Post
    "..o yeah shes been allot to the dentist not that she has bad teeth. i just started her going with first tooth to get used to going. she has had one cavity and had it fixed. shes a angel for him she is just being weird with this every time it bleeds she freaks. the other tooth is out of gums behind the old."

Hi Alex's Mom...I am in dentistry and just saw this post. The eruption of the permanent tooth ('out of the gums behind the old') might be a problem. Normally, the incoming permanent tooth is what causes the root of the 'baby' deciduous tooth to resorb or dissolve. The deciduous tooth then becomes loose and and the permanent tooth erupts into its former place. If the erupting permanent tooth is 'out of line' it may be that only part or none of the baby root has resorbed. It may need a little help from your dentist.

Do your best to reassure her that a little blood in this situation is normal and that she is becoming a big girl now, with big teeth. A 'pedodontist' has many skills to help kids have positive dental experiences. Many general dentists also have some kid friendly tricks up thier sleeves. What ever you do, don't lie to her about any dental visit. If she has an older friend that can go with her on that visit, it may help her confidence.
    two days later she let me put gum numb stuff on her tooth and pop it pulled right out, shes got a appt next week for check up with dent. thanks all your great!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast