Hi all -- I've been out of touch for a while. Some of you knew my father had been ill and then broke his other hip and was hospitalized again for a hip replacement where he contracted pneumonia. Hospice took over his care and all of our siblings were in town expecting the worst and to say goodbye. Then only a few days later we were beneficiaries of what we called "the gift." Dad rebounded and it was if he was the dad we knew years ago -- at least a lot less affected by the Alzheimer's. Within a couple days of us all going home, dad went back to his ALF and we prepared again for his deteriorating health and the end. Those "gift" days buoyed our spirits, especially my mom. He was "with us" until he passed, although the last two days he was very quiet and slipping away. It was amazing how he could still hear and often react to a number of stimuli -- familiar voices and favorite music (classical, patriotic, and the Sound of Music). So peaceful for us all. Mom was with him when he passed away on November 4 (ironically just an hour before the baptism of the newest born in our family--twins). A couple weeks later about 40 family members (kids, grandkids) came to Florida and we celebrated dad's life and the legacy mom & dad began 62 years ago. It was truly a special time and we are forever grateful for the blessings of our loving family. Thank you for all of your kind words, thoughts, and prayers over the past months. It meant so much!

KB