Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some sadness in my life ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kathy, I am deeply sorry for your loss. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and send you light and energy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so happy that you all had some fabulous days with him in the end and he got to be at home. Hang in there.
    "Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died." - Erma Bombeck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kathy,I'm so sorry for the loss of your dad.I lost mine back in 1998 and I got back home from Fla. and saw him for only 5 min. Just long enough to tell him I loved him.It was the hardest thing I ever had to go through...that's why I live and help take care of my mother,I want to spend as much time with her while she is here. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family and hope you find peace knowing he is in a better place.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Natural Bridge Station, VA; Grandy, NC (OBX); formerly Fredericksburg, VA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=annekat;64634]I'm sorry you have lost your dad, Kathy. I'm glad you got that gift of his rebounding for a time before his passing.

I lost my dad in 2011 right before my Wegener's diagnosis. I was too sick to go be with him but he was surrounded by other family. It was a peaceful passing, as it sounds like your dad's was, too. My problem is I've had trouble properly grieving for him all this time; it's as if my feelings are too buried to experience them fully. I do think about him every day, and I'm sure at some point something will trigger a reaction and it will hit me like a ton of bricks. It sounds like you and your family are doing all the right things to honor his memory and express your love for him and each other along with dealing with the process of grief. More power to you![/QUOTE

Hi Anne -- Is it possible you are "okay" with his passing and don't feel the need to grieve (as we accept as the normal process of grieving)? I'm certainly sad about not having my dad anymore, but recognize the cycle of life and his ultimate passing as a part of that process. He led an incredible life and gave back to the world in so many ways. It gives me comfort knowing it was a life well lived. We all grieve differently ...

KB
    KB -- "The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge". Bertrand Russell

Dx in September, 2011. Major involvement: kidneys and lungs. Medical implications: fungal pneumonia, drug-induced hepatitis, allergy to fungal meds, ear infections, sinusitis, gall bladder removal, vitreal detachment, and eye cellulitis. Medial meniscus removal (unrelated to WG). Medications: Rtx, Pred 5.0, Lisinopril, Chlorthalidone, Levothyroxin, Omeprazole.

Natural Bridge Station, VA; Grandy, NC (OBX); formerly Fredericksburg, VA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    Kathy,I'm so sorry for the loss of your dad.I lost mine back in 1998 and I got back home from Fla. and saw him for only 5 min. Just long enough to tell him I loved him.It was the hardest thing I ever had to go through...that's why I live and help take care of my mother,I want to spend as much time with her while she is here. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family and hope you find peace knowing he is in a better place.
    Thanks, Debra. The peace definitely exists! I'm sure you have really made a difference by caring for your mom. Now that I'm not working, I want to be down in Florida all the time helping my mom but live in NC! My sister carries a bulk of the load because she lives in Venice near mom. I always anticipated moving back to Florida, but with the direction my life has taken (new job in 2006 then new husband in 2009) it's not going to happen any time soon. So I make the most of my time with her & did with my dad, too.

KB
    KB -- "The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge". Bertrand Russell

Dx in September, 2011. Major involvement: kidneys and lungs. Medical implications: fungal pneumonia, drug-induced hepatitis, allergy to fungal meds, ear infections, sinusitis, gall bladder removal, vitreal detachment, and eye cellulitis. Medial meniscus removal (unrelated to WG). Medications: Rtx, Pred 5.0, Lisinopril, Chlorthalidone, Levothyroxin, Omeprazole.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

![/QUOTE

Hi Anne -- Is it possible you are "okay" with his passing and don't feel the need to grieve (as we accept as the normal process of grieving)? I'm certainly sad about not having my dad anymore, but recognize the cycle of life and his ultimate passing as a part of that process. He led an incredible life and gave back to the world in so many ways. It gives me comfort knowing it was a life well lived. We all grieve differently ...

KB[/QUOTE]

Hi, Kathy,

Thanks for the reply. In my case, I think it has a lot to do with my dysfunctional family.... my parents were divorced and when he died, he had been married for 35 years to the woman who broke up their marriage. He loved us, but was a somewhat passive person, and the typical "distant" dad except for the times he really felt like being fatherly and funny around us. His new marriage created more distance between us, though I did spend time with him occasionally and learned to get along OK with "her". There was no memorial service and I was too sick to help spread the ashes, which would have involved a trip of several days. (I did get some of them, though!)

Not to go on about me when you are the one who recently lost your dad! But you are so nice to reply. I know there is still grief for my dad that needs to come out. I do think about him every day and have started talking to him out loud a little. One of these days, I think something will set off a good cry, and I'll feel better!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sorry for your loss of your Dad. It is always traumatic and long lasting. We never forget but the pain gets less with each year. You are in my thoughts. Keep well.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kathy,
    I am so sorry about the loss of your Dad. I've not been on this site for a longtime and I'm trying to read all the posts I've missed. I think you and your family were very blessed to have him as you knew him in the past for that short period of time.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12